Question about purchased Modules...

55rebel

I would like to know how a module is installed after purchase. Haven't been able to find any specific instructions on how this is handled. I downloaded/installed DCS 2.0, and now need a terrain module. Looking to purchase DCS: NEVADA, but before doing so, I would like to know the procedure--trying to avoid any headaches.

Any instructions, or a link to those instructions, would be greatly appreciate , Thanks.

I have an interesting idea. What if ED actually published instructions on how to do this?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It has been a few months since my last purchase but it should be very similar to the following steps.

1. Log in to the DCS website.

2. Purchase the module you want.

3. Open DCS and sign in with the same account that you used to purchase the module.

4. In the main menu open the module manager (top left corner of the main menu, its icon is 3 rows of 3 squares). In the top right hand corner of the manager it should show you your username if you're successfully logged in.

5. Find Nevada in the module manager, i think it's under available DLC > Terrains tab, if you own it then it will have an install button, press that.

6. DCS will close and open the down-loader.

7. Wait patiently, Nevada is 25 gb cry.gif.

8. Once it's done installing it should automatically open DCS again and will ask you to enter the CD/Registration key for Nevada.

It has been a few months since my last purchase but it should be very similar to the following steps.

1. Log in to the DCS website.

2. Purchase the module you want.

3. Open DCS and sign in with the same account that you used to purchase the module.

4. In the main menu open the module manager (top left corner of the main menu, its icon is 3 rows of 3 squares). In the top right hand corner of the manager it should show you your username if you're successfully logged in.

5. Find Nevada in the module manager, i think it's under available DLC > Terrains tab, if you own it then it will have an install button, press that.

6. DCS will close and open the down-loader.

7. Wait patiently, Nevada is 25 gb cry.gif.

8. Once it's done installing it should automatically open DCS again and will ask you to enter the CD/Registration key for Nevada.

Thanks for the step by step instructions Meiz; exactly what I was looking for!

I like cichlidfan idea.

And thanks for the quick reply Rangi, but too vague. I was going to respond with only more questions ...sorry

Edited by 55rebel

Install instructions can be found here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/

If there isn't a link from the purchase page, or license email message, and the user has to look for it then it isn't worth the time it took to write up.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: