BlueFlag: Persian Gulf - Official Round - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 04:12 AM   #21
Dino Might

Calling all Reds - get online. You ALL have tf-51s. Run repairs around the quadpack! Save the UAE!
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #22
DanielNL
Veteran

Well THAT was a quick round. xD Even though red has more than 100 registrations more, interesting. Will the map just be reset and event continue? I was gonna join the event (red) in 2 days...
- realistic deadly SA-2 warhead/accuracy
experienced GCI, F-14B RIO and AV-8B pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2014
Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)
Buddyspike BlueFlag discord, most cooperative DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: F/A-18C - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #23
Alpenwolf

You need all types of aircraft to accomplish a mission. It's just that helicopters are the ones to seal it, so they're the last thing to remember seconds before sounding the victory, and as such considered by many most vital here in DCS.

Think of it as a football game. The goalkeeper is your SAM battery, while the defenders are the IR SAM's and AAA's. Midfielders are your fighters, while the wing-backs are the attackers. The helicopters are the ones to finish the job and therefore your centre forward. They score the goals! So they are considered most valuable, although the wing-backs (the strikers) carry the ball all the way forward (providing SEAD and CAS) for the centre forward (the helicopters) to score a goal (delivering cargo). The midfielders make sure the enemy doesn't counterattack and dominate the middle field (air superiority). So saying the centre forward is the one who decides the outcome of a match, and therefore most important is a bit unfair to the other players. Helicopters (centre forwards) are important no doubt, but so are the other types of aircraft.

Now, that's some horseshit up there, I know. I just felt like writing nonetheless. Don't mind me
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #24
Dino Might

It was quick, but action packed. Much fun, and great attendance. The amount of chat in discord over the last 3 days underlines the incredible interest and passion that the Blue Flag matches bring to DCS through the players.

I daresay that Blue Flag is a staple of DCS multiplayer. It certainly brought me into this sim in full force and has kept me interested to the exclusion of all other games.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #25
Cik

it was a nice competition. i think i prefer PG to georgia. it's certainly easier to see targets.

the big change besides that was AMRAAM availability, which was interesting and i'm not sure how to feel about. i personally prefer SARH-only but B-77 wasn't too bad i think, though personally i felt that red (actually blue) was handicapped by the addition of the hornet as it's radar and SA-maintenance are pretty poor, and it's low top speed in combat configs means it will lose jousts it gets into if it doesn't have numerical superiority.

but yeah, fun round. please don't take 6mon before you run one again, blue flag is THE reason to play DCS imo.
Cik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #26
Vilab

F-18 barely have IFF

they are probably better alone than in groups, no friendly kill at least
Vilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 AM   #27
Oceandar

And I wonder why most people voted for the Harm first instead of Link 16. Without better SA, how can you survive from Flanker DL considering weird detection of the GCI.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:54 AM   #28
Cik

data link nothing. if there is more than 5 targets on scope you can end up in surprise merges as it's impossible to keep track of who's friendly and who's enemy.

at a glance IFF and a bar scan that works would be better than L16 at present
Cik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:32 AM   #29
Oceandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
data link nothing. if there is more than 5 targets on scope you can end up in surprise merges as it's impossible to keep track of who's friendly and who's enemy.

at a glance IFF and a bar scan that works would be better than L16 at present
This is more things than nothing to me

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3591798
Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #30
umkhunto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
And I wonder why most people voted for the Harm first instead of Link 16. Without better SA, how can you survive from Flanker DL considering weird detection of the GCI.
Because you should fly the F-15, if you want to do CAP. It's that simple. If you don't have the F-15, don't fly CAP. Go do strikes and use your AA weapons defensively, or opportunistically. I bet if you fly the Hornet, like a high tech F-5E, you will start seeing impressive results. Be low, be fast, and shoot people point blank, much like an F-5E, only with much more weapons.

HARM finally offers a long range SEAD capability, that is sorely needed. That is why people voted overwhelmingly for HARM.

Last edited by umkhunto; 10-23-2018 at 09:25 AM.
umkhunto is offline   Reply With Quote