Easy Joy 32 Revolution(v3)

FoxHoundcn

So I'm nearing completion. The plan with the WS2811 IC worked, they light up etc. But: Since they have three channels (R, G, B) I hoped I can use three single-color LED per chip, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I can only get the R channel to respond.

Another question (should be last one, I promise): Can I make the LED switchable? For example: Press Button 1, LED 1 stays on. Press 1 again, LED turns off.

Or: Press Button 1, LED 2 and 3 turn off. Press Button 2, LED 1 turns off, LED 2 turns on, LED 3 stays off.

Edited by Nightflyer

So I'm nearing completion. The plan with the WS2811 IC worked, they light up etc. But: Since they have three channels (R, G, B) I hoped I can use three single-color LED per chip, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I can only get the R channel to respond.

Another question (should be last one, I promise): Can I make the LED switchable? For example: Press Button 1, LED 1 stays on. Press 1 again, LED turns off.

Or: Press Button 1, LED 2 and 3 turn off. Press Button 2, LED 1 turns off, LED 2 turns on, LED 3 stays off.

Yes,You can press button control led

Where is it? atrs66i.png IJMKEvY.png

To clarify: I don't want the button to light up only when I press it. It should stay lit up, even when the button is released, until I press the same button again.

You need to choose lock button mode.

Led reflects the current state of the button.

You need to choose lock button mode.

Led reflects the current state of the button.

I already tried that. But if I do that, the controller continues to send signals. It seems I have to content myself with static lights. Less soldering, I guess.

• 3 months later...
This minimal system does not work with v3 because the usb lines are different but v2.3.x can be used.

Version v2.3.x is a transitional product that can be cumbersome to use.

If you really want to use v3, it is recommended that you buy the above mentioned products.

I have a question, are you simply referring to the bad pullup resistor (R10) on the blue STM32F103 boards? Or what did you change about the USB connection for EJoy v3?

It looks like a awesome software, but can you please add 4021 shift register support? Without it, we cant use the abundant Thrustmaster hardware. It would really make EJoy so much more attractive for people! :(

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I have a question, are you simply referring to the bad pullup resistor (R10) on the blue STM32F103 boards? Or what did you change about the USB connection for EJoy v3?

It looks like a awesome software, but can you please add 4021 shift register support? Without it, we cant use the abundant Thrustmaster hardware. It would really make EJoy so much more attractive for people! :(

EasyJoy32_V3SchDoc file reflecting the difference in usb.

yes, I am ready to add support for cd4021.

Done, update 3.1.29,select cd4021 at vid right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello!

I have been trying to get this to work, so far without success. I run Win10.

I connect the STM32F103C8T6 "Blue Pill" with a ST-Link V2, and program the Blue Pill with the EasyDFUv3.1.hex.

I connect the Blue Pill to USB and it now shows in USB devices as "STM32 DFU".

I then run the "UpdateEjoy.exe, and it seems to program the chip ok. It however closes the command window so fast that I cannot record what really happened, leaving two open CMD windows stacked, the top one says :

1 Device(s) found:

Device [1]: STM Device in DFU Mode, having [2] alternate targets.

There is also a message window titled:

E:\joystick\EjoyV3.1.30\Resources\DfuSeCommand.exe

With message (?) Already left DFU mode.

When I click "OK" on that message the command window for the UpdateEjoy.exe shows two lines:

??????

??????...

I disconnect the Blue Pill from USB and Reconnect it.

Windows now shows "Easy Joy 32 Revolution" connected and working as a game controller with one button.

Then I try to run the EasyJoy32Revolution.exe

My Malwarebytes virus shield quarantines it claiming it contains malware named: MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%

As this is probably just an anomalous false positive, I can release it from quarantine and get it to run by disabling parts of Malwarebytes shield.

When I run EasyJoy32Revolution.exe, and press the "Refresh List" button, it lists

"Easy Joy 32 Revolution" on the top left window. Nothing on the "Name" field.

"Editor Mode", "Game Data" and "License" buttons are pink.

Selecting the "Easy Joy 32 Revolution" from the window and pressing "Editor Mode" produces an error window that says: "No connection device"

In the _LOG folder there is Log.log file.

In it there are lines:

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- List of USB HID devices:

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- SerialNumber : 066EFF514852835187205630

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- EJoy count : 1

Just cannot get it to work...

Hello!

I have been trying to get this to work, so far without success. I run Win10.

I connect the STM32F103C8T6 "Blue Pill" with a ST-Link V2, and program the Blue Pill with the EasyDFUv3.1.hex.

I connect the Blue Pill to USB and it now shows in USB devices as "STM32 DFU".

I then run the "UpdateEjoy.exe, and it seems to program the chip ok. It however closes the command window so fast that I cannot record what really happened, leaving two open CMD windows stacked, the top one says :

1 Device(s) found:

Device [1]: STM Device in DFU Mode, having [2] alternate targets.

There is also a message window titled:

E:\joystick\EjoyV3.1.30\Resources\DfuSeCommand.exe

With message (?) Already left DFU mode.

When I click "OK" on that message the command window for the UpdateEjoy.exe shows two lines:

??????

??????...

I disconnect the Blue Pill from USB and Reconnect it.

Windows now shows "Easy Joy 32 Revolution" connected and working as a game controller with one button.

Then I try to run the EasyJoy32Revolution.exe

My Malwarebytes virus shield quarantines it claiming it contains malware named: MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%

As this is probably just an anomalous false positive, I can release it from quarantine and get it to run by disabling parts of Malwarebytes shield.

When I run EasyJoy32Revolution.exe, and press the "Refresh List" button, it lists

"Easy Joy 32 Revolution" on the top left window. Nothing on the "Name" field.

"Editor Mode", "Game Data" and "License" buttons are pink.

Selecting the "Easy Joy 32 Revolution" from the window and pressing "Editor Mode" produces an error window that says: "No connection device"

In the _LOG folder there is Log.log file.

In it there are lines:

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- List of USB HID devices:

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- SerialNumber : 066EFF514852835187205630

2019.02.20 22.06.16 --- EJoy count : 1

Just cannot get it to work...

Click “Editor mode”wait a second,it will be connect.The steps you take seem to be correct.

• 2 months later...
Click “Editor mode”wait a second,it will be connect.The steps you take seem to be correct.

Разве версия v3 работает с MapleMini и BlackPill на STM32F103C8T6?

Does v3 version work with MapleMini and BlackPill on STM32F103C8T6?

Hi Foxhound,

thank you for your reply. On Taobao there are two versions of the Ejoy PCB this and a more expensive one. Can you tell me the difference?

On the other hand, where can I find v2.3.x? I want to test how cumbersome "cumbersome" is.

Cheers!

это так?

This is true?

Edited by =M=PiloT

ГП: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4г

ЦП: Intel® Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz(4000)

Память: 8 GB RAM (7.95 GB RAM доступно)

Разве версия v3 работает с MapleMini и BlackPill на STM32F103C8T6?

Does v3 version work with MapleMini and BlackPill on STM32F103C8T6?

это так?

This is true?

STM32F103C8T6 is OK,But you need to manually plug in and restart the USB.Does not automatically

Edited by FoxHoundcn

• 5 months later...

Mr FoxHoundcn you created a very imressing piece of software here.

I asked a seller on aliexpress if he could provide me a board and he came up with three different ones.

In your starting post you stated that the software is only for the STM32C8T6 but the other Boards have different Controllers they are all CortexM3 by STM but with different packages.

Are all these boards compatible with your software?

Could you point out the differences?

At least the version 3.5 seems to have one set of shift registers already on Board.

Thank you for your work that will be very useful to a lot of simmers out there.

Cheers Stephan

Edited by Darkowl
typo

• 2 months later...