Dynamic Medevac Script - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Another idea for a solution to the futile medevac problem: Increase the delay between a vehicle gets destroyed and the survivors calls in the helicopter. If they survive longer before calling you they probably will survive long enough time to be picked up by the helicopter.

Bugs will happen
RagnarDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
BIGNEWY
Senior

Been thinking about the easiest way to find the casualty on a large scale area.

It seems to me the best way would be a bullseye call, given the map facilities in DCS:Huey are currently limiting, even the f10 map is not great for detailed navigation.

keep up the good work, we ( shrek squadron ) will be giving my mission a large scale test soon with your script running I will let you know how we get on.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Script updated in OP. Most noticeable change is new message system (see screenshot of a stress-test I did). Added features like request will be in coordinate of your choice (default NATO-style Bullseye) or choose color of the smoke marker. Please note that the medevac.medevacunits variable now needs to list the individual unit names and not the group names like before. Hope you'll enjoy it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_130529_223747.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	82711  

Bugs will happen

Last edited by RagnarDa; 05-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #14
Newspeedy

+1
RagnarDa
you did a great job!! you gave the huey a new dimension for me!!

ALSO
thx for allowing me to participate in your mission BIGNEWY

to both, keep up the good work guys

LOVE IT.
Newspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #15
Symie

Absolutely excellent script mate. Just had a go at it integrated into one of Newy's missions and it works really well. Actually got quite excited at my first medevac. Proper sense of achievement

Big THANK YOU from myself
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symie View Post
Absolutely excellent script mate. Just had a go at it integrated into one of Newy's missions and it works really well. Actually got quite excited at my first medevac. Proper sense of achievement

Big THANK YOU from myself
Because the script spawns crewmembers for the other side too, there will most likely be infantry vs infantry combat when you arrive at the LZ. I found during testing that one of the most thrilling parts was having to lay down covering fire or just soaking up enemy fire for the little guy you're picking up!

Bugs will happen

Last edited by RagnarDa; 05-30-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
EagleEye
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDa View Post
Because the script spawns crewmembers for the other side too, there will most likely be infantry vs infantry combat when you arrive at the LZ. I found during testing that one of the most thrilling parts was having to lay down covering fire or just soaking up enemy fire for the little guy you're picking up!
Ah ok, now I know where the red inf guys came from, when we tried it last night.
Like youre script and makes flying the Huey more rewarding.

Modul-Timeline
Spoiler:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
BIGNEWY
Senior

Version 2 tested in single player, working well

Going to give it a go in multiplayer later.

Some points from my mission.

My mission is coop and there is a lot of units to assist ( the ones who survive ) so the Mist scroll does not work as well as the single text.

Also how do I reduce the time on the good job message ? as we will be doing multiple pick-ups thought my mission in conjunction with a ground and air defence I would prefer a shorter time for the message.

The message that tells you a MEDEVAC unit is not active when the script starts can it be disabled ? ( it was interfering with a message to all for the mission ).

Bullseye calls work great for finding your casualties, so thanks for adding it in

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 05-30-2013 at 01:13 PM.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
BIGNEWY
Senior

Just tested v2 in multiplayer with 2 medevac hueys,

when medevac 1 picks up a crew, medevac 2 gets a report saying the crew is dead, even though they have been picked up and can still be returned to the farp.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

On my way home to have a look, but in the meanwhile I was thinking and there's at least three solutions to the "information overload"-problem:

1. Reduce the number of surviving vehicle crews by at least 50%. IRL probably most crews would die inside their vehicles when the vehicle gets hit by a tank cannon. This is probably very quick to implement.
2. Reduce the amount of information available to the player, like only showing the three closest medevac requests.
3. Reduce the number of taskings for any one helicopter, like three taskings per helicopter.

I'm not really sure what route to go but I think nr 2 would take most time to implement.

Bugs will happen

Tags
dynamic, huey, medevac, script