FoxDelta's VR pit (transportable)

FoxDelta

after years of improvised simming, and due to VR, i decided to built my very first rig.

it has to be transportable, and as small as possible but still giving me the feeling of sitting in a cockpit.

the result feels good and does deliver those narrow cockpit feeling, AND its easy to transport it to another place,

so have a look

inside measurements: 140x65x50cm

its ok, the collective is not mounted yet, so i need the space for it, thats the reason.

the elbow is resting at the flight case, its still comfortable

indeed not very realistic, there are some compromises necessary, of course

the monitor is just for srs or discord and game start, i fly in VR, after a short time i now find fhe mfds blind, for the keyboard i look through the gap near the nose

yes, moveable was necessary because i have to be flexible in my job, changing locations

thanks fox for the explanation, it makes more sense to me now :)

never thought about that sitting in a narrow space would help the immersion of flight, but you're absolutely right!

hmmm seems like i need to build my own flying coffin now :D

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

• 3 months later...

wow,

never seen this before, cool but looks a lot more professional than mine, i might have changed my design if i had seen it before

any ideas about theirs price?

i assume its not for consumers

Edited by FoxDelta

• 2 months later...

raised the seat a bit, so the VKB stick was too low now, had to 3D print an extension, posting the file here to give others the possibility to easily draw a BASE

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3440515

Edited by FoxDelta
added link

the case parts were precut, just had to assemble it, u can find lots of configurators with all parts included in the www

uh1 by oe-xam, i really like it but can t recommend the manufacturer, had several quality issues, first was mounted with invertedd switches, throttle recogniced only 0,half,max. sent it back

second one had also issues with the axis which i had to fix myself (colli is hall sensor but throttle/rpm is a poti and this was assembled completly wrong)

the sticker on top of the base had a misspelling/writing? so i removed it

and the second was sent to a comlpetly wrong address, long waiting time.

front part was 3d printed, with a minimum wall thickness, so i reprinted a more robust version for it myself

for the price they offer it at the moment i would not even consider buying it with all those quality issues

don t take me wrong, as it is now, its 100% reliable and robust, and now i am happy with it and wont miss it, everyone flying a heli in dcs should try a colli, its so intuitiv, but never again from this manufacturer

http://oe-xam-simulators.blogspot.com

Edited by FoxDelta