DCS Bios master power

chouclak

Hi,

I would like to know, I'm buidling a small pit with master and slave. Did I need to power my Mega with independant 12v + connecting the USB to pc or just the USB is enough ??

Thanks !

Alienware Aurora R8 I7 9700K WC, GeForce 1080 Ti 11Gig, Occulus Rift

no need, you can drive many nano's off the +5V rail from the Mega, though mine was in a USB3 port.

Does that matter seeing as the Mega isn't USB3?

I thought it had to negotiate for more than 500mA anyway?

Edit: Looks like arduinos have a polyfuse for 500mA on the USB power.

If you need more, you can bring in 7-12V through the barrel plug, and the Arduino will then convert to 5V and draw up to 1A.

Edited by aniron

Thanks Aniron, I've learnt a few new things. :)

cheers

John

If you need more, you can bring in 7-12V through the barrel plug, and the Arduino will then convert to 5V and draw up to 1A.

So if I understand well, I should connect both ; the usb to the computer (obviously..) and the 12v power supply, so I will have enough power for chips and slaves, and if I need 5-12v, I will have it via the VIN pin ?

No, if you need more than 500mA draw including the arduino master and anything you power off its +5V rail, then you add 7-12V to the barrel plug, the arduino stops drawing from the USB, converts the input voltage to +5V, and you can power more stuff on the +5V rail, still at +5V.

If I understand it correctly.

No, if you need more than 500mA draw including the arduino master and anything you power off its +5V rail, then you add 7-12V to the barrel plug, the arduino stops drawing from the USB, converts the input voltage to +5V, and you can power more stuff on the +5V rail, still at +5V.

If I understand it correctly.

Yes I understand that but you need to connect the input/output for the data so the both will be connected :thumbup: