RSEAT Gaming Chair

So I've had my chair for a few months now and I did not see much mentioned about RSEAT on the forums so I figured I'd share my experience.

First off, no this rig is not cheap. If you are looking for cheap this is not for you. And honestly a rig this well built and sturdy is not needed for flight sim. The real reason I bought it was I want to also get into sim racing with force feedback controllers. (I have the computer so I might as well get some additional use out of it.) Some of the racing wheels have very heavy duty electric motors to simulate counter steering and high end brake and clutch pedals allow you to exert over 200 pounds of force on their pedals. I say this because prior to having this chair I just had my joystick / throttle sitting on top a desk and my pedals were just on the floor against a wall. However, with a force feedback wheel and heavy duty pedals they cannot be just placed on top a desk and sat on the floor, they have to be mounted. Further I wanted to minimize the about of flex any rig would have. So that when I depress the break pedal with say 2" of deflection all of that 2" goes into the pedal and not 1.5" into the pedal and 0.5" into flexing of a rig that it was mounted to.

Now having said all of that the rig is EXTREMELY rigid. It is very well made and really probably over engineered but I'm OK with that! The model I bought is the RSEAT S1. This is their newest model and they took some of the best features from their N1 and RS1 models and combined those features into the S1 rig. I purchased all of the accessories for this rig minus the surround sound brackets. I use head phones that also have my Track Clip Pro for my TrackIR5 sensor mounted to them so I had no use for external speakers. I would say having access to the keyboard for DCS is a must so I got the keyboard / mouse tray. I opted for the button box mount for my Cougar MFD's and I might get a DSD button box as well to use with DCS as well as my future racing games. Not pictured is the TV stand which I have but I still have not bought a TV yet so I currently just mounted my monitor to the wheel deck. Once I get a wheel and some racing pedals I will obviously have to move the monitor and at that time it I will have to get a TV (baby steps). I ordered the S1 Flight Mount upgrade kit so I could mount my HOTAS. They mounted up perfectly and the rig and mount have plenty of different hole options so that you can place the controllers where they fit you best. I did have to get some screws and nuts to mount my throttle to the base but the holes lined up perfect. Not that big of a deal but would have been nice if they had bolts and nuts to mount them. They do include more bolts and washers than you will need to build the rig and mount all of the extras. Assembly takes some time but is not difficult at all.

Pros:

EXTREMELY well built

You can adjust your HOTAS controls exactly where you want them.

Looks good

Cons:

Price

Rudder pedals have to be mounted far enough away from the bar that supports the wheel deck so that the opposing pedal does not hit the bar. Meaning when you push the right pedal the left pedal may come back and hit the bar if you mount them too close. Not a problem for a tall person but may be an issue for shorter people. The pedal deck as well as the seat do adjust front to back. This may not be an issue with other manufactures pedals.

The seat could have a bit more lumbar support.

It is slightly difficult to get into / out of with the throttle mounted on the left side.

They do not currently offer a motion rig for this seat (they do for the other rigs they make) but perhaps they will come out with one being this one came out last year. Probably mute though for me because they are pricey.

Overall:

I really like it and would recommend it. It may not make you fly better but the controls are way more comfortable than they were sitting on top of the desk I was using and the immersion factor is great.

They do have a few different websites and some of the pictures listed on some sites are not on others. Also the Europe site has more accessories than the US site list. (Buttkicker for example)

http://www.rseat.net/

https://rseatamerica.com/

https://www.rseat-europe.com/

Below is the Flight Seat addition with the the bar for the Wheel Deck removed. Without that bar you cannot mount the keyboard / mouse tray or the button box / tablet holder.

rseat-s1-black-red-upgrades-pro-shifter-03.jpg

24deafb.jpg

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Only Right Side but I'm sure you could fab something to make it work. I would just make sure it did not hit the seat when you pulled full aft.

PS: Send crawfish boudin.

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5