WWII airfield etiquette / traffic pattern

SeaW0lf

Hi guys, yesterday / today for the first time I got into a couple of empty servers just to check ping, stuttering, lag, that kind of thing. The last one was already morning and two players spawned, and I started to think about taxiing priority, takeoff direction, that sort of thing, which I know nothing.

So how does it work ingame?

Is there a control tower to clear you for take-off? Are you assigned to a proper runway threshold? For example, the windsock was perpendicular to my nearest threshold (it appeared so), so there was no preferential end of the runway to take-off.

When I landed (I just circled the airfield left wise) I saw a parked plane at the other end of the airfield. Then I took a shortcut through the grass (taxiing out) to avoid a collision course in case he taxied to his threshold.

I could not see the windsock from the air, then how can people identify the traffic pattern?

How do people avoid / order these things? In fact I should have taxied back and left the server to ask these things, my apologies. I am used to ROF. I'm also reading MikeMikeJuliet's guide TRAFFIC PATTERNS, RADIO NAVIGATION AND APPROACH. I found related topics on airfield traffic but nothing about WWII server etiquette in airfields.

Appreciate any feedback,

Edited by SeaW0lf

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

there is not TWR controled movement on airports on WWII PvP servers, or exactly no one player observe the TWRs comands

You just should look around yourself and be careful.

some players take off from taxiway or across RWY....

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

there is not TWR controled movement on airports on WWII PvP servers, or exactly no one player observe the TWRs comands

You just should look around yourself and be careful.

some players take off from taxiway or across RWY....

OK, thanks, I'll pay attention :thumbup:

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

Hey w0lf,

You can find some more organized groups that adhere to realistic procedures and some that even operate with a live air traffic controller, but most of the public servers are a free for all.

The server description may include instructions (for example, the 104th request players use the left side of the taxiway and runway) but there are always a few that just do whatever gets them in the air fastest.

Edited by feefifofum

Hey w0lf,

You can find some more organized groups that adhere to realistic procedures and some that even operate with a live air traffic controller, but most of the public servers are a free for all.

The server description may include instructions (for example, the 104th request players use the left side of the taxiway and runway) but there are always a few that just do whatever gets them in the air fastest.

Cool, I'll check the server's rules. I was reading the 104th one, but this one is for modern jets. For now I'll stick to WWII birds. From what I was seeing in the forum, the servers with modern jets tends to have more rules of taxiing and radio.