High temps out of nowhere in 190?

Little_D

Hi gents,

since the last 2 or 3 patches me and my squadmembers have the following

problem.

The engin stops without any warning or that you could see it at the tempindicator that water or oel rise. Also doesent matter if you run with or without MW 50 at high or low rpm`s, it happens when it happens.

Last time it happens by 450 Km/H at 4000m with 2300 rpm`s straight flying,

oel and wather temps where ok, both in the marker that indicate the "good"

temprange. I checked my temps and 10 seconds later as i watched my six and scaning the air around me bang, engin stop wather over 130 degrees, no flak, no enemy, nothing around me.

Do you have the same problem?

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

It happened to me too. I suddenly decreased engine power from high engine load and after while engine was dead even it was at low RPM and oil and water was "cold".

I changed setup, after high RPM i always run engine at 2700 or 3000 for while, depends on MW, to let engine cool down itself, not oil or water. And i remain to fly fast during it.

Then engine does not die.

No idea if it is placebo or not but it works for me...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I used quotation for cold, because oil and water was not out of limit, up or down.

You can barely undercool engine shortly after it was overload, means using 3250RPM with or without MW.

I should use better formulation in first reply, sorry.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

After I choose also the Dora from time to time I also getting frequently in this Problems.

Since some Patches ago it's now really easy to kill the Engine.

First thing I noticed, rise the power from low to high Setting frequently kill the Engine due overheating, I don't use anymore MW50 in turn fights only to run away or intercept a Fighter in a straight line since then I don't suffer any more Engine deaths. The Engine still quits later one when It suffer overheating in earlier Dogfight, now it handles like raw egg found this also little bit odd.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Hi gents,

@razor+

yes i had a track from this, but as it killed my plane in a crash after halftime, i think it is not help full. The engin damaged was with rear tank empty and forward tank at 150liter, so i thing after 60 min of flying. Is this to mutch for DCS ingametracks? The track stops with 150 liter in the back tank.

@MAD-MM

i fly i think the 190 like you, use MW50 only for running, hard climbing

after a dive to get as high as possible again, intercept an enemy fighter.

I also watch in this periode my coolers closely and let the speed never

go under 420 Km/H.

Also normaly it is not realy nessesary to use MW 50 as the 190 has up to 6000m no one that can tuch here at "Steig/Kampfleistung"

climb/combat power. And this you can use, as you can read in the handbook for 30minutes in a row, than you have to cool down the engin again, but could use it again if needed.

Also a nice feature in the 190 are the cooling instroments with this little L at the end of the skale. If it stands on the I from the L than you are at the optimum for the automatic cooling system. It will cool more down it you fly at fuel save mode, but nomaly it hold it there. If you hit the _ from the L you reach the cooler limit, where the cooler starts to overheat and starts to bleed the hot steam over the ventiel, so the cooler dont burst. Normaly this can be hold up for 10 minutes, if the speed is right. After this you need to cool down the engin a long time, but can if needed go back to this condidions without engin gets killed. I realy dont know what it is as even the longest MW50 time where i have it in use is about 1 - 2 minutes.

Some thing comes in my minde is, how the MW50 work if you activate it. Will the pump only give MW 50 to the engin if we hit the higher rpm`s 3150 and if we go less again the pump stops giving MW 50 to the engin or 1 time activated and gives the engin MW 50 all the time even on low rpm`s without the MW50 instroment show that it is active? Do i have to switch it on and of all the time?

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

Some thing comes in my minde is, how the MW50 work if you activate it. Will the pump only give MW 50 to the engin if we hit the higher rpm`s 3150 and if we go less again the pump stops giving MW 50 to the engin or 1 time activated and gives the engin MW 50 all the time even on low rpm`s without the MW50 instroment show that it is active? Do i have to switch it on and of all the time?

regards

Little_D

Only with Startleistung/Notleistung -> 3250rpm

Watch the MW50 gauge and you will see it.

Edited by Flying-Kane

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Hi gents,

after some more testing i still dont know why this happens, there is something in the house. Sometimes it happens sometimes not, doesent matter if you use MW50 or not, even when you use no MW50 all the time it happens.

What i see from the instroments is, that the 190 needs a lot more time to cool down again and that you need to run longer at higher rpm`s after you hit in fight the "danger zone ", before you can lover rmp`s again.

Needs still some more testing, as my boys and me did a flight with complet different settings and allowed max. rpm`s and and the 190 still blow the engin out of nowhere, doesent matter if all the time full save mode, combat mode or max power. It can hit everybody everytime.

Also it looks like that the manuel cooling is not working, cant get it open, close or back to automatic. Not the original tastatur combinations, programed x52 buttons, new combination nothing works, only with mouse it is possible to open, close or go back to outomatic.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

Also it looks like that the manuel cooling is not working, cant get it open, close or back to automatic. Not the original tastatur combinations, programed x52 buttons, new combination nothing works, only with mouse it is possible to open, close or go back to outomatic.

Little_D

Hi Little_D,

no problem here.

I tried it yesterday: Cold start with radiator flaps open. After take off i close them. Even in flight i can open and close the radiator flaps and it goes back to automatic.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Hi Little_D,

no problem here.

I tried it yesterday: Cold start with radiator flaps open. After take off i close them. Even in flight i can open and close the radiator flaps and it goes back to automatic.

Kane i understand he is not complain about the Function itself, only the keyboard commands dont work.

But still not sure why this Engine Deaths happend, was yesterday threating the Engine very hard in Dogfights + (MW50 at some conditions, i am very afraid to use it lately)

Then flight later look the Temperatur all in Range climbing nice and easy with climb power look behind and suddenly bang very annoying when you dont know why this happend all the Time. Can make a Video but pretty sure that doesnt help, because the P-51 Engine goes fast down when you change relative fast the Main Fold Pressure, when change there nice and easy nothing happen. For Fw-190 have to Record full flight video to see every aspect, first no one look this long videos and second the Engine is not quitting every Time.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I've also experienced this a few times in the 190 ... flying along at quite a fairly modest RPM (2700 something like that). Regularly checking temps, they're all fine. And then suddenly bang, it's overheated and dead. No damage taken, no obvious reason why.

My theory is that 2700 is above the normal long term operating range (2400) but it seems the engine doesn't get hot, it just somehow takes invisible internal damage that eventually causes it to fail.

Hi Little_D,

no problem here.

One thing that puzzles me is how does you know your radiator is in automatic, as I always just adjust them manually,?

One thing that puzzles me is how does you know your radiator is in automatic, as I always just adjust them manually,?

Every time when you spawn your radiator is in automatic, when you change something manual you have close them and open them slightly again to go back in automatic function.

you can only check this by outside view, or short before you break your Neck with Track Ir on the Head you can see this first cooling Flap from the Cockpit to check it works agian there is no indication at all.:crazy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I close the radiator flaps completely, afterwards the "system" controls the flaps automaticly, to hold the target temperature of 100°C.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I respawned my Dora (after ditching my bird after engine failure) on the Burning Skies server. While preparing for the engine start (switching circuit brakers, closing canopy etc.) suddenly a loud bang and my motor was dead.

I lose much more aircraft due to engine failure than being shot down and engine failures come completely out of nowhere it seems.

Are random system failures simulated on this server?

Anyone had a similar experience?

Unfortunately I haven't got a track to post :noexpression:

I have mostly no problems, and if i'm close to overheat, i open my radiators manually to max until they're again good

Most overheat failure of the Engine caused by overheat, they pretty much dislike go full power + mw50 in turned fights.

The Radiator need some Time as we know same from the P-51, but its occurred like descripted sometimes random, get in the spawn of the AI dogfight mission and in other situations but could not reproduce for Video currently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Most overheat failure of the Engine caused by overheat, they pretty much dislike go full power + mw50 in turned fights.

The Radiator need some Time as we know same from the P-51, but its occurred like descripted sometimes random, get in the spawn of the AI dogfight mission and in other situations but could not reproduce for Video currently.

What do you mean by take some time? The rads are opening very quick...

About that failure, hmm if it's random, then it's really weird

I think i got it once though i was thinking it was my fault

I might post a video of that tomorrow

its occurred like descripted sometimes random, get in the spawn of the AI dogfight mission and in other situations but could not reproduce for Video currently.

Yesterday after landig, letting the engine cooling down I halted the engine and after a couple minutes minutes BANG it failed - it seems like a random script or something - engine was not running, oil temp ~50 C, coolant~60 C... :shocking:

After that I was able to fly a good 50 min. sortie with a good share of MW50 usage (30min+) without any problems :unsure:

Yesterday after landig, letting the engine cooling down I halted the engine and after a couple minutes minutes BANG it failed - it seems like a random script or something - engine was not running, oil temp ~50 C, coolant~60 C... :shocking:

After that I was able to fly a good 50 min. sortie with a good share of MW50 usage (30min+) without any problems :unsure:

Not that easy your Engine is failing later on also when you overheat in the Dogfight, could also possible you dropp your Engine RPM under 1000 RPM where the coolings system dont work properly even with low temp the Engine quit..

@ Razor I dont work with manual Operating the Radiator Flaps let them Work in auto mod they need some time to adujst on different Temperatur States thats what i mean...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27