F-117 NightHawk mod Flyable

This mod originally came from the DCS Nato flyables pack. It did not use the A 10 cockpit.

Updated A-10a Version! See post below. 11/10/16

I have done some large modifications to the original mod.

It is still a work in progress.

I decided to release it because....... It's cool looking and fun to fly.

Now uses the A10c cockpit

I have added a few bombs although NONE have been tested. On the to do list.

I don't know if the bomb doors open. Also on the to do list.

Landing gear works

When you spawn on the ground, the wheels are sunk down into the ground slightly, This has not effected the ability to take off. Still looking for a solution to this.

Important!!!

To make this work, you must copy the bin, cockpit and FM folders from the A10C folder to the F-117 NightHawk folder.

Also Important!!!

To correct the cockpit view, Open the mainpanel_init.lua in F-117 NightHawk\cockpit\scripts folder, with notepad++

Change line 55

From, cockpit_local_point = {4.3, 1.282, 0.0}

to, cockpit_local_point = {8.3, 1.282, 0.0}

Save.

WIP, I will try to improve this mod and will post updates here.

If the bombs work, I will try to add nukes!

Any help, updates, suggestions or complaints are welcome.

JSGME compatible after changes above are made

Here, NOTE!!! This version has issues I have not solved. I recommend the Su-27 version from happy cavin below. His version works great!

Updated A-10a version Link below!

11/10/16

Have Fun!

Update, 10/23 New version

happy cavin has created a F-117 using the Su-27 FC3 cockpit,

i make a F-117 myself.not F-117A, i add a gun for it. and add some somke generator. su27 cockpit ,sfm. landing gears look ok.
Important! To make this work, you must copy the KneeboardRight folder from the Flaming cliffs cockpit folder to the F-117 cockpit folder.

Weapons not tested. Update!!!

I have tested the weapons with this version and both guns AND bombs WORK!:thumbup:

I will see about nukes:D Update 2!!!!

I have added some other bombs and NUKES!

(Be careful about overloading the air frame! She will fly like a dog if too heavy!)

Stay tuned.........

Great job on this happy cavin!

JSGME compatible after changes above are made.

Here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpgbr9s8rr5xpkz/F-117-Su-27.zip?dl=0

Have Fun!

F-117d.thumb.jpg.b3872c7851bd94ab9ab0d023f23e1bec.jpg

F-117Nuke.thumb.jpg.9f57c1760381e5c70064087361d7c184.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
Updated version 11/10/16

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Did you find a fix for the wheels sinking into the ground yet?

No, To be honest, I have been working on the other bombers.

happy cavin's version of this works well. I modded it with nukes.

The A10 version needs work!

Seems that some cockpit controls are broken. I have not been able to deploy any weapons.

I will get back to it eventually. I do like the A10 cockpit better.

Thanks

Go blow something up!:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 weeks later...

Update A-10a version

New A-10a version!

Please remove old A-10C version. It had issues I could not fix. This new version may or may not conflict with the Su-27 version. Not tested!

Features

A-10a cockpit with corrected views

Corrected Bomb load out. Not 100% accurate but close. No missile's.

Removed gun. (Did not have one mounted in real life.)

Added third pylon for ECM pods etc. (not tested, may not work or be accurate)

Spawn from runway with corrected wheel position.

( I need to add a observation here.

As you add weight, the wheels begin to sink into the ground!

Or they begin to go flat! Without any weapons they are right at the correct height. Possible bug? Almost like real life!:) I need to check this with other aircraft.)

Working landing gear and auto pilot.

Main menu screen theme and icon. (part of original Nato mod)

Added loading and briefing screen images

Bugs,

Key assignment shows Su-25, not F-117A. Does not effect aircraft operation.

Note! You can over load the air frame!!! Watch the weight.

To make this work, you must copy the A10A, KneeboardRight and KneeboardLeft folders from the FC3 cockpit folder to the F-117A cockpit folder.

Comments, suggestions and complaints welcome.

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki5bu0otzv5drkp/F-117A%20NightHawk%20A-10a.zip?dl=0

• 4 months later...
Did you find a fix for the wheels sinking into the ground yet?

Dont know if this mod has it but it should have a views lua settings where you set your cockpit possition and external model position we should be able to raise the F-117 a bit for the weels to look in level with pavement ex.

Edited by cubanace

Is the plane low RCs on radar, or is it's radar cross section exactly the same as in the A10?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Can You make su-25t version?
I do not see why not!

Busy at the moment with other aircraft.

We will take a look soon.

Is the plane low RCs on radar, or is it's radar cross section exactly the same as in the A10?

This I do not know. I do not think there is any stealth capabilities in this model. The model is ED's.

Dont know if this mod has it but it should have a views lua settings where you set your cockpit possition and external model position we should be able to raise the F-117 a bit for the weels to look in level with pavement ex.
You may be right cubanace!

I have not looked at this mod in a while.

It may be time to revisit it.

Soon..........

From F-117.lua:

RCS=0.01,

Then it is not a10a rcs :)

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

F-117 Mod Supporter

F-117 .......Sweet :thumbup:.......if you can make a F-117A with its own cockpit I dont care if its DCS-A-10C avionics. A sweet looking F-117 cockpit would be neat and some nice night time mission flights for fun, it has been asked for a few times so yeah I support it, go ahead do it, please.

Geee, it reminds me of.................

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

F-117 .......Sweet :thumbup:.......if you can make a F-117A with its own cockpit I dont care if its DCS-A-10C avionics. A sweet looking F-117 cockpit would be neat and some nice night time mission flights for fun, it has been asked for a few times so yeah I support it, go ahead do it, please.

Geee, it reminds me of.................

Oh, the good old days of blocky polygon rendering ... we've come along way since then! :D

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-117 .......Sweet thumbup.gif.......if you can make a F-117A with its own cockpit I dont care if its DCS-A-10C avionics. A sweet looking F-117 cockpit would be neat and some nice night time mission flights for fun, it has been asked for a few times so yeah I support it, go ahead do it, please.
FYI, This mod was created some time ago and I have been concentrating on WW II.

I would not mind a re-make.

See below.

-----------------------------------

This skill is not in my bag of tricks.

If anyone wishes to step up and create one, we can work together to re-do the entire mod into a awesome bird to fly!

Create a realistic as possible aircraft.

Perhaps cubanace would be kind enough to help in this regard.

Without distracting him from his primary mission of course!

It appears he is becoming very good at aircraft creation.

Hawkeye

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If you look at the date this mod was created,

You will see it was before the EDM model change which made all older mods which used EDM's defunct!

This would need a new EDM to work again.

The original author and max are not available so the mod is now depreciated.

Sorry.

• 3 months later...