Degraded Su-27 aerodynamic lift - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 01:08 AM   #171
GGTharos
Veteran

I am, I asked YoYo.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
Old 02-28-2018, 12:50 PM   #172
HWasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
I am, I asked YoYo.
I do believe you both, but please explain it a bit more, how that percentage is calculated and which tank groups count in.

Anyway here is some real data (I hope) to work with so that the ppl debating the problem here can run their test flights against it. I will certainly do once I get home on saturday.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #173
jackmckay

What, 40% of fuel trapped? Cant be. 2% max. What gives wrong fuel readout? Chart or DCS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #174
GGTharos
Veteran

Apparently certain tanks (wing tanks for sure) are not considered 'internal fuel'. I didn't get a more detailed explanation unfortunately and I can't read the manual :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWasp View Post
I do believe you both, but please explain it a bit more, how that percentage is calculated and which tank groups count in.

Anyway here is some real data (I hope) to work with so that the ppl debating the problem here can run their test flights against it. I will certainly do once I get home on saturday.

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
Old 02-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #175
Vitormouraa
Veteran

In case you have a text in Russian, post it right here and I'll try to get a translation for you.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 02-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #176
GGTharos
Veteran

^
Hwasp, could you post anything that you believe is relevant? I think you have a more complete manual than I do.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #177
Vatikus

Quote:
Apparently certain tanks (wing tanks for sure) are not considered 'internal fuel'. I didn't get a more detailed explanation unfortunately and I can't read the manual :/
Manual says there are 3 options of refueling the plane.. full (forward, center, back & wings), basic (center & wings), partial (center).
So the graphs for example state.. 50% remaining of normal fueling, which could been interpreted as 50% of basic option.

tank forward - 3180 kg
tank center - 4160 kg
tank wings - 1060 kg
tank back - 1000 kg

Last edited by Vatikus; 02-28-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added fuel tank volumes
Old 02-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #178
Noface

Fc3...
Old 02-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #179
Alfa
Veteran

Quote:
Someone once said that "the Su-27 carries its external fuel internally" .
Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #180
HWasp

Quote:
^
Hwasp, could you post anything that you believe is relevant? I think you have a more complete manual than I do.
Sorry but I only have my phone and tablet until saturday, and I can not upload anything from those for some reason.

The pages I have found interesting are 13/269 14/269 (limitations) 20/269 (flight envelope) and 51/269. Please have a look at those.

I think chapter 1 (limitation) and chapter 4 (maneuvers?) are the most relevant for us here, so if parts of it could be translated, it would be great
Closed Thread