Slippery deck

450Devil

Thank BRooDJeRo. However as the ship was going ahead at about 7 kph and there was no wind, it is very surprising for the Huey to also slide forward along the deck. The physics are all wrong. If anything, the Huey should slide backwards as the wind over the deck would be from right ahead.

For setting up something Naval you indeed need to work around some features.

- Ship with helipad speed at 0

- No dynamic weather, Manual weather with preffered 0 windspeeds at sea level

- Use the AI on/off function in a triggered combination with a moving zone on the ship to make it stop moving when you want the ships to go around the sea while using it as a homebase.

- Repair is functional, but results in an aircraft crash. So no repairs on ships.

Thank BRooDJeRo. However as the ship was going ahead at about 7 kph and there was no wind, it is very surprising for the Huey to also slide forward along the deck. The physics are all wrong. If anything, the Huey should slide backwards as the wind over the deck would be from right ahead.

This is a DCS bug, not a Huey speicific bug. This problem has existed at least since BS1. Therefore, this thread should not have been moved to the Belsimtek forums.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I assume something will be done about it for the DCS F-18C module. Like all things DCS I'm sure it's on the to-do list and will take some time to fix.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

why hasn't ED addressed it, lol...

Maybe fixing it would've forced a huge code rewrite and they just didn't deem that worthwhile and concentrated on EDGE instead? Just guessing ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Maybe fixing it would've forced a huge code rewrite and they just didn't deem that worthwhile and concentrated on EDGE instead? Just guessing ;)

this peroblem exists for years, they should be overconcentrated on edge i guess :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That's gonna be one helluva letdown on the F/A-18C module if acft carriers continue to be... worthless, when it's released, LoL

Predicting future events by deducting what would happen if exactly one variable was going to be changed... helluva way to spend your time in "if... then..." discussions. ;)

But since there's no western carrier aircraft available yet, it doesn't matter so much, or does it? :music_whistling: :D

Back on topic, I once had a mission where I had to land the Huey on an aircraft carrier moving at some 20 knots IIRC and I could stay there for about a minute before it started to get close to the edge. As long as you don't need to precisely land and remain at a specific spot on the carrier, it should currently be tolerable (far from perfect, but tolerable) IMO.

This problem will be fixed when the DCS F/A-18 Hornet arrives (if not earlier) since this module will bring an entirely new deck operations system to DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg