The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Can't speak for EMC, but I'm getting the error when using the SRS specific launch button. Haven't tested launching in any other way yet.

Yes, I ment Browse and Launch buttons for SRS Clint

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

@Skatezilla:

I'm having a problem with the Updater utility latetly (probably since installing the Oculus Rift-S because before that it worked just fine).

After a few uses, it will start but minimizes to the taskbar, no way of opening it anymore. If i hoover over the icon to show a preview i get this:

tCjDzAU.png

Killing it and restarting does not help, nor rebooting.

The only way to make it work again is delete both entry's in the Users/Appdata/Local and Users/Saved Games.

After that, all works normal again for a while until the same thing happens.

Something gets corrupted i guess.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Right Click the App's System Tray Icon and Choose Restore Window from the menu options.

As for App Shutting Down, Try and Delete the Config File /USERNAME/AppData/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/

This worked, thanks for your help. I just went into that folder and deleted the most recent one...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

@Skatezilla:

I'm having a problem with the Updater utility latetly (probably since installing the Oculus Rift-S because before that it worked just fine).

After a few uses, it will start but minimizes to the taskbar, no way of opening it anymore. If i hoover over the icon to show a preview i get this:

tCjDzAU.png

The only way to make it work again is delete both entry's in the Users/Appdata/Local and Users/Saved Games.

Hi, try this procedure. Works every time for me!

Happy flying!

Regards

Robert

Bring misplaced off-screen windows back to your desktop.pdf

@Skatezilla:

tCjDzAU.png

Right Click System tray Icon for the App, and Choose Restore Window Option.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Presets VR seems to return to default all the time.

If i launch a non VR instance with a selected preset (normal Launch button), after coming out of the game, the preset is still there.

However, if i launch a VR game through VR/ON and with my preset Beta VR selected, it always returns to the default preset the moment i press the VR/On button and gets greyed out.

Qa8Jova.jpg

But in game, the settings of my VR preset (called Beta VR) are selected and set.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Presets VR seems to return to default all the time.

If i launch a non VR instance with a selected preset (normal Launch button), after coming out of the game, the preset is still there.

However, if i launch a VR game through VR/ON and with my preset Beta VR selected, it always returns to the default preset the moment i press the VR/On button and gets greyed out.

Qa8Jova.jpg

But in game, the settings of my VR preset (called Beta VR) are selected and set.

Thanks will double check the launch function.

Edit: Fixed in Next build.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Edit: Fixed in Next build.

Thanks Skatezilla.

Could you shine your light a bit on what's the difference and interaction between the various Launch buttons and the Presets because i still find those very confusing.

Launch with 2D preset launches 2D.

Launch with VR preset still launches 2D with the 2D preset.

I need to press VR ON which then launches 3D with the selected preset. If that's 2D then the configuration is 3D game with 2D preset, if it's with 3D preset, it Launches 3D game with 3D preset.

If i then shut down everything and relaunch the updater, select normal Launch with a 2D preset, it will still launch an 3D game with 2D preset.

For it to revert back to game in 2D, i need to Launch it first in VR-OFF.

If i forget the preset (which still can be set to 3D), it launches 2D game with 3D preset.

Wouldn't it be better to use the VR ON/OFF as selective buttons (highlighted maybe to show the actual selection) and tie the 3D presets to the VR/ON button and the 2D to the VR/OFF button and only use the main launch button to launch the game?

The Utility don't start properly

Right Click System tray Icon for the App, and Choose Restore Window Option.

I have similar issue since a download last version…

But when I right click system tray icon for the App, I don't find the Restore Window Option.

Is it in one of the 5 tabs of the Properties for the app?

Thanks for the help and regards

Manilva

Did something change with .NET recently? No changes and updater just errors with a .net exception from today...

Application: DCS Updater Utility.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
  at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
  at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Faulting application name: DCS Updater Utility.exe, version: 8.5.2019.0, time stamp: 0x5d48caed
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3321, time stamp: 0x5da7e8d8
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000dc232
Faulting process ID: 0x2848
Faulting application start time: 0x01d59d6cdc2c52c0
Faulting application path: C:\Users\thebg\Desktop\DCS Updater Utility.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 172e562c-2677-4570-a542-bde918582718
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

No dice, for some reason I get errors starting to launch the last version after some time. Then my config is lost.

I deleted the row of NULLNULLNULL, closed the xml tag that was missing and relaunched and all was good.

Then I wondered why it was checking the config of the previous version. so I deleted the config. now it doesn't moan. So I have no idea what it was really doing, but it for sure looked in a previous version config whilst using the current one.

822901266_2019-11-2017_27_51-C__Users_thebg_AppData_Local_Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud_DCS_Updater_Utility.e.thumb.png.7b46b098cdbf3f07303b0a142bbd3097.png

Edited by Pikey
self fixes

OK, I can't keep editing the same post. It's a completely diffferent issue now.

Deleted both config folders.

Run the last build

Updater Launches fine. Add a config and point to my OB build and saved games.

Press launch DCS or VR On or VR Off and DCS instantly crashes. You can barely see the fact it started, but the evtvwr is now littered with

```

Faulting application name: DCS.exe, version: 2.5.5.39384, time stamp: 0x5dcbfea1

Faulting module name: DCS.exe, version: 2.5.5.39384, time stamp: 0x5dcbfea1

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000072c7b8

Faulting process ID: 0xc8c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d59fcd91ef82e8

Faulting application path: E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe

Faulting module path: E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe

Report ID: 12dde9b7-34a2-4e0a-b3ea-9e0f807b2ee1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: ```

Run DCS normally and it's fine.

I'm not sure how this is even possible.

Rolled back to version 8 and same process and it worked without crashing DCS.

Edited by Pikey
rolling back

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the Delay in the updated release.

There was a windows update that wreaked havoc on my system (Windows 10 + Specific hardware + specific drivers = Memory Leak Crash Loop, and that driver was changed w/ 1906 Win 10 Release),

And after several System Restores to return the system to Pre 1906 Release, it seems to have wiped out my Visual Studio Projects Folder and their backups

(How Windows restore was able to delete un-linked copies of a folder on another drive I don't know). I Do Daily Backups to a separate drive, so this shouldn't have even happened.

So far the only backup I have found was on USB Drive was from April 2018.

So As You can Tell,

A LOT of Re-Writing is going to be taking place,

On the positive note, I had taken non digital notes on the changes I made up til 11/25/2019 and those changes condensed the code significantly over the last few months compared to April 2018's Code, so re-writing would be fairly quick.

I hope to have everything re-written and compiled by this coming weekend or middle of next week. I already have the Art Assets saved separately, so it's just a matter of re-writing the code, and importing the art back into the project.

Future plans are to re-integrate JSON parsing, which will allow further features to be implemented later (For Example Editing the Options.lua for each "Preset" w/o having to launch DCS),

As well as condensing some functions to a single function and using a online JSON database.

I will Also Re-Record the Video on the 1st Post w/ the newest build I have as the version in that build is outdated.

----

Hopefully the Folder Was Synced to my One Drive before everything was wiped, and the system restore process removed the link to the one drive.

Edited by SkateZilla

Maybe you should consider using github to avoid such a data loss next time.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

No thanks, Ive had bad experiences with G.h., and Id rather keep my work backed up locally.

No thanks, Ive had bad experiences with G.h., and Id rather keep my work backed up locally.

Except your local backup strategy isn't working too well if your last one was middle 2018! :smilewink:

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

There was a windows update that wreaked havoc on my system (omissis)

Hi Skate, here in Italy we say: CHE SFIGA!!! (translated: WHAT A BAD LUCK!!!)

I am sure you will recover soon and your marvelous app will be even better... come on, and thanks for what you already have done for us all!!! :thumbup:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

v12.04.2019.1 / 1.1.0.1027:

-Added Deka Ironworks JF-17 Thunder Assets

-Adjusted SRS Paths Shifting and File Not Found Exception

-Adjusted VR Launch Sequence, Fixes Preset being Shifted back to Default

Hi Skate,

The JF-17 icon is non functional like the Hawk icon, can't put check in the box or click the icon, mouse pointer doesn't change when mouse over

Ignore above forgot to run update :D to much sugar & caffine :D

Edited by Dingo_Bob
Stupidity & sugar & cafine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Hi Skate,

The JF-17 icon is non functional like the Hawk icon, can't put check in the box or click the icon, mouse pointer doesn't change when mouse over

Ignore above forgot to run update :D to much sugar & caffine :D

Yes, months ago, I added min. versions to each modules assets, if you dont have the min. version it will lock the buttons and stuff to disabled, or if you exceed the max ver. (ie Hawk / Video training).

..You can enlarge again the utility flying over the minimized icon go over the small preview window and press right mouse button and choosing the maximize command

Sometimes the position of the window is set to some crazy amount, which puts it off screen, even if maximized, if that doesnt work, there's the "restore application window" option in the apps' system tray menu which maximizes, removes hide command, and sets position to top left of current screen (5, 5)