Keep getting Go to Alternate response from carrier

BMGZ06

I am looking through the manual and things are just not clear to me what is going on with the commands. Testing out the new ATC commands extension i bought with it and in the SC case 1 mission when I call "Inbound for Carrier" with easy comms on I get the response " Go to alternate". The radio freq is correct when I make the call at 127.5. The tanker responds to the " Approaching to refuel" and the other commands. I can also get the ball call, overhead call, and abort inbound to work.

I am not sure how to use the Editor in Vaicom to complete the Finish process at all. Says to go to the profile and replace the When I say text with the text copied to clipboard. I did that and still get the go to alternate for inbound calls to carrier. I tried to say the name of the carrier as well.

If anyone is able to help in discord or teamspeak please let me know.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Are you using easy comms on or off?

Have you tried Marking Moms as an alternate call?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you have easy comms enabled, it is likely that the comms will pick the nearest ship, which will not necessarily be able to accept recoveries and so sends you to the alternate field. maybe try turning easy comms off just to check that this isn't the reason. Alternatively, i suppose you could fly really close to the carrier, to make sure that it is the nearest, when you call inbound. just for a test that is, as it wouldn't be good to have to do this all of the time to get landing instructions.

Ya easy comms is on and I tried flying right over the carrier with no joy. I got it to work once but then never again. The other carrier comms worked last night before the update to DCS.

I also tried Marking Moms call and got same response. The carrier cant be set not to accept recovery since it is a mission designed for case 1 recovery practice by ED. The normal in games comms menu works calling inbound just fine.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

The inbound call works randomly and there is no clear reason as to why. Makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure that with Easy Comms on the default radio tuning is to the nearest field at mission start. It does not automatically switch to the nearest field at the time of a radio call. So just flying near the boat will not retune the radio. To be sure you are tuned to the correct recipient you need to tune manually, or use the radio menu, or (easiest) using the VAICOM Select command.

If you have easy comms enabled, it is likely that the comms will pick the nearest ship, which will not necessarily be able to accept recoveries and so sends you to the alternate field. maybe try turning easy comms off just to check that this isn't the reason. Alternatively, i suppose you could fly really close to the carrier, to make sure that it is the nearest, when you call inbound. just for a test that is, as it wouldn't be good to have to do this all of the time to get landing instructions.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

It looks like with easy comms on I have to slowly say "Inbound...Roosevelt" and it works most of the time. Still some issues here and there. I am going to try it in the VSPX mode to see if it works better later. I am also turning on the ARC-210 radio in the cockpit. It will not work for me without doing that which I did not think was needed unless using SRS. So I have some more training to do I guess. Normal voiceattack commands worked just fine for me and using Baileys F18 2.0.vax profile is also nice with Vaicom. It provides a lot of missing commands to make life easier. It is also easier to tune to different radio channels and set tacan, ils, and radio frequencies with his profile I find. They both seem to work together without issue though.

Maybe try setting 'select tunes radio' option and then "Roosevelt, select" or "carrier, select" will tune the radio for you. It might be a little bit on the lazy side, but it gets it done, especially when things get hectic.

Maybe try setting 'select tunes radio' option and then "Roosevelt, select" or "carrier, select" will tune the radio for you. It might be a little bit on the lazy side, but it gets it done, especially when things get hectic.

I actually figured it out finally. With easy comms you cant rely on just saying Inbound for carrier or Marking Moms, Marshall etc. I had to say the name of the carrier and then inbound and it works better with VSPX enabled.

The only thing I noticed now is that calling into the airfields on Gulf map doesnt work at all. I call the airfield and it makes the call but doesnt say the name, just has some abbreviations that start with "O" and they are all the same for every airfield, then there is no response. The calls into all the airfields on Caucasus map works perfect. Have not tried Nevada since I hate that map. I updated all the commands for the VSPX switch over as it says to do with everything that gets copied to the clipboard.

Calling the ships works just fine by saying the carrier name then inbound or marking moms. tested it with two carriers in ME and called into both just fine.

Many mission designers put supporting vessels of the battle group on the same frequency e.g. all on 127.500 MHz.

This can lead to communication issues as described e.g. 'go to alternate' responses coming from a supporting unit instead of the carrier itself.

To ensure you are contacting the actual Supercarrier unit, always use Select e.g. ' Washington, select' first.

'Inbound' command is for generic ATC: for carrier comms always use 'Marking Moms' or 'Inbound for Carrier' instead as per the reference table (page 70).

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Many mission designers put supporting vessels of the battle group on the same frequency e.g. all on 127.500 MHz.

This can lead to communication issues as described e.g. 'go to alternate' responses coming from a supporting unit instead of the carrier itself.

To ensure you are contacting the actual Supercarrier unit, always use Select e.g. ' Washington, select' first.

'Inbound' command is for generic ATC: for carrier comms always use 'Marking Moms' or 'Inbound for Carrier' instead as per the reference table (page 70).

Yes I figured all that out last night but for some reason airfield calls on PG map dont work. There is no response at all and I see the radio tuning to the proper frequency for that field since I am using easy comms. In multiplayer that are not using easy comms I know I have to use SRS or tune it manually and the calls to carrier work for the most part but often times I have to say the command multiple times. "See you at 10" tends to be the biggest issue for some reason.

I like the plugin a lot so far.

"See you at 10" tends to be the biggest issue for some reason.

I found I had to slow down and leave slightly longer gaps between the words to make this recognise reliably. Others have added the whole phrase to the Windows Speech Dictionary

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I found I had to slow down and leave slightly longer gaps between the words to make this recognise reliably. Others have added the whole phrase to the Windows Speech Dictionary

Ya I will do that for sure. Have you had issues contacting the airfields on Persian Gulf map? None of them respond at all. In SP or servers with easy comms on I see the frequency tune in automatically or when I have to manually tune if easy comms are off but zero response through vaicom. They respond with in game menu comms though.

Have you added the PG airfield names to the speech recognition dictionary, along with your pronunciation?

I have done this for all airfields, as i didn't know the correct way to pronounce names like Vaziani, so by recording my own pronunciation, i could have called it "Fred" if i had wanted. I didn't but you might still see the point. ;)

I have just tried it with Easy Comms off - tuned to 4 different airfields in turn using both radios and they all responded with correct bearings and ranges

When I activated VSPX I did the finish process and pasted the new commands in and looked in there and the airfield names are there. I am still trying to figure out how to get the keyword training to work also. When I click on the microphone button in vaicom to open speech training it just opens up my windows speech training screen which I already did. I do not get that small pop up like it shows in the manual that is just for specific words you want to train. I cant open the speech recognition dictionary. I spent awhile trying to figure it out.

Never mind I figured out why speech recognition was not working and coming up with vaicom.

When I activated VSPX I did the finish process and pasted the new commands in and looked in there and the airfield names are there. I am still trying to figure out how to get the keyword training to work also. When I click on the microphone button in vaicom to open speech training it just opens up my windows speech training screen which I already did. I do not get that small pop up like it shows in the manual that is just for specific words you want to train. I cant open the speech recognition dictionary. I spent awhile trying to figure it out.
Just so you know. You cannot "train" specific words. Well, you can train yourself that is. You can add specific words and phrases with ONE recording of your pronunciation with that particular microphone. If you change it you might be out of luck. Only training that can be done is the long tedious in MS Speech. The same microphone applies here as well.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk