2.5.6.49798 static aircraft on carrier is missing Link to Unit Offset

2.5.6.49798 static aircraft on carrier is missing Link to Unit Offset. So static parked aircraft on flight deck are fixed to center of flight deck. LINK UNIT OFFSET option has disappeared.

This issue on new CVN-71,72,73 and legacy CVN-74 Stennis.

Placing pwn aircraft (Hornet Lot 20) on T/O From Ramp, T/O from runway (hooked up to catapult), still starts the mission with aircraft in flight.

This issue is on new CVN-71,72,73 and legacy CVN-74 Stennis.

I do not have Supercarrier module. Is it a requirement now?

Thank you

Mission is attached.

Baltic_Ops_256_3.miz

• ED Team

sorry I am unable to check the mission as it has unofficial mods.

You do not need the super carrier to place it in the editor.

Try removing and replacing the statics one by one without copy and paste if you have used that method.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ANy static object, in this case aircraft, helicopters, and Navy aircraft tractor cannot be placed on carrier in a meaningful manner, becouse OFFSET option for LINK TO UNIT has been removed from latest builds. Or at least the build that was used when I created this mission. As a result, all static objects attached to the moving carrier are placed and stacked in center.

That was problem #1

Problem #2 is placing player F/A-18C on ramp start or runway (on catapult), starts the mission in air.

"Link unit" needed to reassigned if you change the hull under statics.

One part of the statics at first sight remained linked to new hull but on the center, and not visible in simulation, and not movable in editor.

Sideeffect when unlinkage happen during change (another part of statics), this time across hundred miles:

Screen_200523_221800stackNotByHand.jpg

Some of the statics moved to Sochi runway center.

(copy and paste statics on ships now working)

I tested the static handling in SuperCarrier module enabled and disabled state and I not encountered difference.

sochi_tower-changing_nimitz_hull_under_statics.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I disabled again SC module. And made a new mission with legacy Stennis and FA18C lot 20 Player on CAT1. Normal.

And don't try to start from CVN71..73 on cat as player if you not enabled the module. Start and arrest has a requirement of a purchase.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD