Laser guided rockets

GIGA_HORSE

YSAK, the whole swerving / guidance bug only seems to happen if you are in F1 view

If you switch to any other view, for example F6 and spectate the rocket, it'll actually fly nice and straight down to the target. This is guaranteed to hit so long as you do not fly too violently after launching the rocket.

The basic problem right now is:

* The missile tracks the laser too wildly

* It seems to have less energy from launch

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

The basic problem right now is:

* The missile tracks the laser too wildly

* It seems to have less energy from launch

The rocket begin to increase AOA obviously below Mach 1.4 and will become very unstable below Mach 1.0(pitch angle too high). This is reasonable since the rocket speed is dropping it has to pull more AOA to maintain lift, the lower the speed, the more AOA / pitch angle it has to pull(until lost control).

So the problem only happens at terminal flight when you fire too far away or have low speed on launch or force the rocket to manuver too much.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Give BRM loft!!! I want to hit things from 10nm XD

This would be too great to have - well, our lasers are hard limited to 8nm still. Still it would be possible to shoot from higher distances and use buddy lasing to have that advantage.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The rocket begin to increase AOA obviously below Mach 1.4 and will become very unstable below Mach 1.0(pitch angle too high). This is reasonable since the rocket speed is dropping it has to pull more AOA to maintain lift, the lower the speed, the more AOA / pitch angle it has to pull(until lost control).

So the problem only happens at terminal flight when you fire too far away or have low speed on launch or force the rocket to manuver too much.

Is the real missile a beam-rider? If not, then this explains most of the issues.

If I fly into the target at speed, because of the requirement to fly a straight line afterwards means I can actually reach the target at the same time as the missile.

I actually tried this - I crashed into the target about 3 seconds after the missile.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Is the real missile a beam-rider? If not, then this explains most of the issues.

If I fly into the target at speed, because of the requirement to fly a straight line afterwards means I can actually reach the target at the same time as the missile.

I actually tried this - I crashed into the target about 3 seconds after the missile.

It does not need to you keeping a straight line and fly into the target, plz refer to this post and acmi.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4348888&postcount=70

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

It does not need to you keeping a straight line and fly into the target, plz refer to this post and acmi.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4348888&postcount=70

I think the point they were trying to point out is that before you could fire the rocket and then break off, I used to fire my rockets around 4.5nm then break off about 100 degree's before the 4nm point. I would then be tracking away from the contact area while also guiding in the rocket. I would then continue my loop around and do over and over again.

this at the moment is not possible you have to fire your rocket then continue straight. you can climb but you have to keep within 3-4 degrees of your original heading when you fired the rocket or it will miss the target.

was using the rockets last night with a friend in multiplayer, we were missing our targets a lot when they shouldn't have been.

however in the quick update released today I tested the rockets again in single player and they seem to have been fixed but I only missed once out of 20 rockets with me doing break off turns while the rocket is still tracking but I can't see anything in the change log?

or is this a known issue for multiplayer only?

was using the rockets last night with a friend in multiplayer, we were missing our targets a lot when they shouldn't have been.

however in the quick update released today I tested the rockets again in single player and they seem to have been fixed but I only missed once out of 20 rockets with me doing break off turns while the rocket is still tracking but I can't see anything in the change log?

or is this a known issue for multiplayer only?

Were you acquiring targets via the ground radar with SLAV mode on the pod?

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17