[FIXED INTERNALLY] Canopy bug following Update 6 Hotfix.

bart

surely this isn't a hard job to fix?

It just may be hard to fix. And, don’t call me Shirley. :doh:

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm deleting/making transparent the reflection texture as soon as I get home. Tired of this.

Can you please post how you do it? This canopy bug is irritating to say the least in VR, total immersion killer.

I'm the OP on this thread and I just checked the start date, 6th July last year! Blimey....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

It would be great if someone on the Spitfire team (is it ED?) give an update?

I understand if this is hard to fix that other items may take priority, but if this is going to be time consuming could we be given a stopgap such as- as mentioned before- reflection removal?

It would be great if someone on the Spitfire team (is it ED?) give an update?

I understand if this is hard to fix that other items may take priority, but if this is going to be time consuming could we be given a stopgap such as- as mentioned before- reflection removal?

3 years later, I don't think they (ED), made enough money to fix the spit...Their more worried about the FW 190-A-8..Which looks great by the way..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

3 years later, I don't think they (ED), made enough money to fix the spit...Their more worried about the FW 190-A-8..Which looks great by the way..
It does. I haven't gotten the D9, but I think I'll actually shoot for the A-8 when it comes out. I'm surprised how detailed the engine was done. Hopefully the Spitfire, Mustang, Kurfürst a Dora get improved internal components as well.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I played the Spit for the first time in ages today and only just noticed the reflection bug. I was really hoping that this was a recent bug. I only fired up this forum to report it. Seems it's a longstanding problem then.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

It's so frustrating! I have been able on some modules to get rid of cockpit problems, but I cannot find out which of the cockpit files is causing the reflections in the Spit, although I have reviewed them with Photoshop.

I also tried re-using the texture files from 1.5, but that gave me a checkered cockpit and made things even worse.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Cockpit reflection

With the canopy open, you can still see cockpit reflections as if the canopy was closed.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

There is another thread with this topic, but even though it says [REPORTED] in the title of it, it hasn't been touched. It is worth opening a new thread though. More attention, the better.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

It's so frustrating! I have been able on some modules to get rid of cockpit problems, but I cannot find out which of the cockpit files is causing the reflections in the Spit, although I have reviewed them with Photoshop.

I also tried re-using the texture files from 1.5, but that gave me a checkered cockpit and made things even worse.

Perhaps here?

\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit_Spitfire_LFMkIX_Textures\SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_SPEC.dds

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

After 6 months this ought to have been fixed officially. What's the point of having the canopy open for better visibility during taxi/takeoff/landing if opening the canopy doesn't offer better visibility?

(OT but it'd be nice to be able to move the pilot's head a little outside an open canopy too)

I didnt see another thread; but if there is, my mistake..

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I didnt see another thread; but if there is, my mistake..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215130

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OT but it'd be nice to be able to move the pilot's head a little outside an open canopy too

You can actually do this in VR. Makes taxying much easier and adds a lot to the immersion.

Unfortunately at the moment with this on-going canopy bug you can still see the canopy Perspex in place even when it's open and you put your head through it to see out the side of the cockpit in VR. It totally kills the immersion.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

To be honest I'd prefer to get more threads out there concerning this bug. Because evidently one isn't enough.

The creators obviously don't care that they sell a semi-finished product from so many defects.

maybe we should flood their ticket system about it?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

So this bug is pretty old...probably why I didnt see the thread. And its been this long still not fixed?

My wallpaper and skins

So annoying all the prop planes are low priority.

Don’t really know why you say that. Most of them had major cockpit updates recently.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Don’t really know why you say that. Most of them had major cockpit updates recently.

Because little bugs like this stick for a long time without any fix. We have been expecting a new damage model for years now

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals