FAQ Updates and Discussion

NineLine

Guest Guest

F404-GE-400 or 402?

Which engines will be modeled in the early access Hornet versus the full release Hornet?

Will the 400 be modeled in early access with the enhanced performance engine upgrade modeled for full release? Or for the sake of simplicity will the 402 be modeled in both early access and full release?

I'm curious because the 402 provided some significant performance improvements in certain areas of the flight envelope.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Airframes after BuNos: 164654 used the F404-GE-402,

164564 was Lot 14,

So I'd Assume we'd get the EPE, seeing as we are getting Lot 20

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

When?

I make no apologies for asking, for I am the customer and therefore apparently always right: thus I put the question: are you able to be a little more definitive about the date upon which I am able to take delivery of my new aeroplane? I realise such questions have a tendency to elicit a considerable degree of consternation amoungst developers and an extraordinary level of sycophancy amongst apologists, but my ardour has been aroused by indications as to the superior quality of this forthcoming model and this my inner energy has become elevated beyond my feeble capacities to thus to contain. And so alas I lay myself at your feet and hope that my curiosity meet not with those standard rebuffs of developers from DCS to FSX and P3D, towit ‘it will be ready when it is ready’, but will elicit from those ‘in the know’ something firm and definitive and thereby cool my feverish expectations.

Many thanks

Neil

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ

Updated on 19 March January 2018

Q: When will the Hornet be released?

A: By the end of Spring 2018.

That's the only answer anyone is going to ever give to these questions, just FYI.

Excellent use of vocabulary though I was quite impressed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Amen brother, a fellow athlete in verbal dexterity, my respect! Yes, ‘‘tis true, the makers have put forward their considered expectations that our new toy be within our grasp by the end of spring. However, most unfortunate though it be, the reality is that there is considerable latitude concerning the whereabouts of: ‘the end of spring’. And so it was that I took upon myself the burden of enquiry thus: ‘is a more definitive forecast possible?’

Being born francophone, in your verbal acrobatics I can't participate, although I can appreciate... I suggest you chill and m******ate. :joystick:

<Inflammatory reply removed and replaced by a big sigh>

"Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre."

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

In the A-10C,l i can use the NAVPoints from the Missioneditor to build a Flightplan - will this also possible with the Hornet on a later date?

Small question.

Do u read hornet mini updates thread?

Because if not - it's time to start.

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Small question.

They said they are working on implementing the 3 sequences and want the ins waypoint system ready for early access release. Did Matt mentioned navpoints exactly?

No need for this kind of attitude.

They said they are working on implementing the 3 sequences and want the ins waypoint system ready for early access release. Did Matt mentioned navpoints exactly?

No need for this kind of attitude.

Of course we will be able to use Nav points from ME.

It's insane, if we won't....

3 predefined routes - I suppose, it's some kind of MUMI/Data Cartridge simulation in ME, and not related to exact route for plane, but this question is a bit interesting... How it will work

Edited by ICS_Vortex

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

Hi, a question I've seen around here on the forum before, popped into my head again during the Hornet stream. While not specifically geared towards the Hornet, it will very much benefit from it:

Will DCS:Hornet, or standard DCS:Mission Editor, come with an option to launch with empty external* tanks?

Edited by Lithion
*external

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Hi, a question I've seen around here on the forum before, popped into my head again during the Hornet stream. While not specifically geared towards the Hornet, it will very much benefit from it:

Will DCS:Hornet, or standard DCS:Mission Editor, come with an option to launch with empty external* tanks?

I think I remember them mentioning that they are working on that as it became a more apparent issue with the Harrier and LHA takeoffs.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Hi guys,

I am plannig to delete my open beta branch after stable 2.5 is released.

Will hornet be released for stable version "by the end of the spring"? or for stable version?

Should i keep my OB for this possibility?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys,

Will hornet be released for stable version "by the end of the spring"? or for stable version?

Some of the DEV had say (don't found the post yet), each new model (aircraft or map) will first 'released' on the beta branch!

Small question.

i did, and there is no mention of NAV Points from the ME can be added to the WP of the Hornet - but you can give me a link to post - if you would be so kind.

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

NAV Points from the ME can be added to the WP of the Hornet

It's a default function for every DCS aircraft.

Doesn't make sense to repeat it...

Will the new Nimitz-class aircraft carrier have more than 4 respawn points, at the same time? And will the spawn points all around the deck and not by default on the catapult position?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

It's a default function for every DCS aircraft.

Doesn't make sense to repeat it...

I think we are thinking of 2 different points used for navigation. In the ME there are not only the waypoints you can place while placing an aircraft/vehicle. Mwd2 is talking about the "ip" points. Only the A10C can use those at the moment. They are really useful when placed like real nav points for navigation. In the A10C you can easily setup a flight plan in multiplayer if the server has the correct "IP" points set.

Sorry if this was a little confusing...

I think we are thinking of 2 different points used for navigation. In the ME there are not only the waypoints you can place while placing an aircraft/vehicle. Mwd2 is talking about the "ip" points. Only the A10C can use those at the moment. They are really useful when placed like real nav points for navigation. In the A10C you can easily setup a flight plan in multiplayer if the server has the correct "IP" points set.

Sorry if this was a little confusing...

If IP - u mean Initial Point, then I'm not authorized to answer this question...

Hi guys,

OpenBeta gives you more options. It can be the same as Release: you just have to skip updates until the next release build.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

OpenBeta gives you more options. It can be the same as Release: you just have to skip updates until the next release build.

are all release updates applied also to open beta branch? then what is the point of keeping release version?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

are all release updates applied also to open beta branch? then what is the point of keeping release version?

Because not all beta updates are applied to the release branch. Sometimes things can get unstable in the beta branch, because they’re testing new things. Most servers are all running release because it’s generally much more stable.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin