HMD Reticle Shimmer w/nVidia 3D Vision

The_Nephilim

Hey Everybody,

I found a small problem with the KA-50 HMS Reticle and nVidias 3D Vision.. When I have 3D Enabled and I use the HMD Reticle I get a left/right shimmer effect but ONLY when 3D is ON..

IF I turn OFF the 3D Effect the Shimmer goes away.. since there are other NVidia 3D Vision users out there I was wondering if it also happens to you and was wondering what we could do to get a fix (PeterP)??

here is a Video altho you will not see the 3D effect the first bit is with the 3D ON and you can see the HMD Reticle Shimmer left and right. after about halfway I turn Off the 3D Effect you will here a click and then the Reticle appears normal. So it is the 3D Effect causing the issue and was wondering what can be done to correct it..

PLEASE See the video above link. I was in a spin but it happens when I am in a Stable Hover too so that is NOT the problem.. thnx.. ;)

Edited by The_Nephilim
  • Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi YES I have this mod but alas that is NOT my Problem.. I am having trouble with the HMS Shimmering Please watch the video at the bottom of the OP..

Thank You tho for pointing me to that most excellent HUD Fix..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi YES I have this mod but alas that is NOT my Problem.. I am having trouble with the HMS Shimmering Please watch the video at the bottom of the OP..

Thank You tho for pointing me to that most excellent HUD Fix..

This mod should also fix the HMS shimmering....At least it had in previous versions. I will check.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I think the issue is the contrast of difference with the depth and convergence settings your running. My hms isn't perfect either but have adjusted to it. Until the game maker and nvidia pull their heads out of the nether region it is what it is.

If all else fails try different 3d profiles for the game via nvinspector

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Watching the video it almost looks like a keyboard or joystick button is misfiring lol. But then that is in 3d hard to judge without seeing it in actual 3d. I would try alternative 3d profiles and if you run sli like me try different profiles also.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I think the issue is the contrast of difference with the depth and convergence settings your running. My hms isn't perfect either but have adjusted to it. Until the game maker and nvidia pull their heads out of the nether region it is what it is.

If all else fails try different 3d profiles for the game via nvinspector

Well I adjusted the convergence and the shimmering lessened to a Point not hardly noticeable..

Also the depth and convergence are an end user thing.. I usually set my separation the distance between my 2 eyes center point to a distant object. convergence to where a closer stationary object has no separation..