Question about aim-120

xXNightEagleXx

I don't know if this is the right section to ask about it but here we go. I saw a video of AIM-120 hitting targets at 30nm and i saw some updates notes about new aim-120 guidance.

What i would like to understand is whether the final aim-120 capabilities has been fixed and brought to stable version or it is something limited to open beta (or some internal version)?

I remember f-15 campaign mission where the target is a Russian AEW and to actually hit that thing you had to close up to really stupid distances. I mean a really big a slow moving target which could still kill your missile if not fired from a very close distance.

I'm asking this because i don't have the guts to reinstall everything just to discover that maybe this has not changed yet in stable version.

Thanks in advance

Edited by xXNightEagleXx

I remember f-15 campaign mission where the target is a Russian AEW and to actually hit that thing you had to close up to really stupid distances. I mean a really big a slow moving target which could still kill your missile if not fired from a very close distance.

This mission is hard because of the 2-4 Flankers defending the target, not just getting to it. Also you can't hide your wingman in the valley because he will simply crash into the nearest mountain.

Apart from that no one should talk missile range unless provided with speeds, altitudes, aspects... then countermeasures, maneuvering, etc... so 30nm may be possible in special conditions.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria