Replay of carrier arrest landing F-18 does not catch wire after recording successful

Cloudhopper

Tracks are known to be bugged if you start on the carrier. It's best to fly from a land base if you want to analyze your traps.

Note that if you trap, then taxi to a cat, the track will brake. You can only get accurate replays of touch-and-go's or a single trap.

This brought me to never starting my missions from a carrier deck again... ...missing the cat-shot-VR-experience a lot since then... ...unfortunately. :cry:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

That's a bit of a ridiculous stance to take in my opinion. If replays didnt exist, as they don't in 99% of games, that wouldn't even be a point of discussion.

If you miss flying off the carrier in VR, do it. It all works just fine while you're actually flying.

Sure I do sometimes fly off the boat!

But very rarely.

Most of the time it's more important for me to be able to analyze my carrier-traps in replay therefore i have to set priorities!;)

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

yes, thanks.

i have tacview installed and do use it.

but as you mentioned, it's because of the beauty of DCS-replays at 4K!:smilewink:

Are you familiar with TacView?

The free version will show you everything you need for correct replay of all phases of flight, as it saves unit positions vs. re-running the simulation as .trk files do. :thumbup:

Not quite as pretty to look at as DCS but all the good stuff is there.

Tacview is only good for analyzing A-A or A-G engagements. It can't tell you what the ball looks like, how far left/right of centerline you are, or which wire you've trapped on.