CSAR needs a couple of tweaks

rtimmons

The new "real" trees and the new water are a problem for picking up pilots. You can't land anywhere near the pilot and the trees are too tall for the current script. I made a fix for this with the following change to my CSAR.lau file. Search for the variable _height

else

local _unitsInHelicopter = csar.pilotsOnboard(_heliName)

if csar.inAir(_heliUnit) and _unitsInHelicopter + 1 <= csar.max_units then

if _distance < 8.0 then

--check height!

local _height = _heliUnit:getPoint().y - _woundedLeader:getPoint().y

if _height <= 46.0 then <--(Changed value from 20 to 46 meters or 150ft.)

local _time = csar.hoverStatus[_lookupKeyHeli]

This allows hovering at as high as 150 feet so you can clear the trees.

There is another problem where if the pilot ejects over water you can not pick him up. The smoke is there but no pilot. I checked the altitude for one and it was -328 feet. I guess he was on the bottom of the ocean. I don't know how to fix this so if someone else does please let me know.

slyfly

<--(Changed value from 20 to 46 meters or 150ft.)

<--(Changed value from 20 to 46 meters or 150ft.)

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

The mod worked great....the guy was standing on the lowest part of the wave. Perhaps this should be part of the regular release. Surely soldiers/pilots have life jackets. Anyway I now can pick up downed pilots no matter where they land.

slyfly

Perhaps this should be part of the regular release. Surely soldiers/pilots have life jackets. Anyway I now can pick up downed pilots no matter where they land.

No question. Should definitely be in the release version.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I have a modified version of it working where if over land it spawns the soldier, and over sea it spawns the life raft (a mod).

The call for determining landtypes in multiplayer isn't returning in a completely reliable way so I am still testing. It seems to consider a good portion of coastline to still be water for some reason.

Once I neaten it up I will contribute the code if Ciribob is interested in merging it.

Essentially it would let you parameterize your wet and dry objects.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I can't join a server with the mod installed. Is that just the way it is or am I not doing something correctly? I don't usually use mods other than the ones that I can put in ~\saved games\ This one doesn't seem to work unless it is installed in the regular load....

slyfly

Correct, as a modification of core game files it will cause you to fail the MP integrity check on servers which enforce it. If you're hosting a private server with your own group integrity check can be disabled but most competitive PVP servers use it due to fear of people cheating and stealing the killz0rs.

I'd recommend using JSGME or OVGME so you can easily turn the mod on and off.