Mission 3. Cargo wont hook

trigen

• ED Team
Does anybody was able to finish this mission in DCS 2.5? I have no problem to hook the cargo, but it is seems nearly impossible to carry it to the destination. External cargo physics seems to be seriously broken, it swinging violently no matter how accurate you are flying.

I have reported crazy cargo to the team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after taking a break, returned to the campaign, and this time was able to carry this @$#%$ cargo. The trick is, go really slow, never exceed 40 knots. Then, after an hour of very, very concentrated flying, you will be able to deliver this crate. Not much fun, TBH. Take a break after that, don't be like me, who is crashed into the tree soon after, while shooting at invisible targets hidden in the dense forest! BTW, do I have to kill all those? Or it is possible to progress without it? You can not see them in the forest, so it is very difficult, and this mission is frustrating enough already.

Edited by Lehmen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Cargo is already 1000lbs.

They've done an update recently.

Just done it in 1.5 and worked like a charm.

I will then copy my logbook into 2.5.

I can't believe they sell a product and no one took the time to redo the campaign just to be sure everything is working ...

I can't believe they sell a product and no one took the time to redo the campaign just to be sure everything is working ...

It's so shocking indeed :D

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

If you find that long and boring, perhaps it's not for you. But yes, it can be annoying to realise all you have done for a while is in vain because of a bug...

I actually thought you were kidding about the testing bit, we can't seriously expect someone to go through a 10-hour test each time there is a new release. And when I'm saying a 10-hour test, it's without considering all the possible deviations they have to test too, so multiply that by .. a large number. It's impractical.

What would be nice to have is a wider set of non-regression tests for the aircraft module. I have no idea how they proceed for that.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Please check the story behind the bugs before taking something like this for granted.

The campaign was solid and released without bugs one year ago.

A new engine model for the Huey got released, cargo mechanism gets frequent updates and new caucasus got released.

The campaign had to be done from scratch in many missions for the new caucasus. We got early access to the new theater and prepared the campaign months ago before the release. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to start it now.

So there are no bugs related to triggers etc. The "bugs" coming from cargos and engine performance are NOT related to the campaign mission building.

I changed multiple times and tested along with Petritis new weights for the cargos to make them work despite the fact that when the campaign was designed, the Huey was working completely different. In the last update it was ok now we get reports that something changed again.

Even if I change the weights and other stuff every day, it won't work if the Huey and cargos change frequent.

The other major thing is the version you fly it. Open Beta was different than the stable one. So updates that fix things in Open Beta weren't available for the stable version.

Will check AGAIN now for any issues, but I can only promise that I can fix issues related to campaign bugs which at the moment are not present.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Greg,

Maybe you should post your explanation in a separate sticky post for good visibility. You might put something like "Argo Campaign and DCS 2.5". You guys have my respect for adapting/tweaking/fixing the campaign for 2.5

All,

Sure $10 is $10 and we are entitled for ideally a bug free campaign, support, etc. etc. But as Greg stated, there is the campaign, there is the Huey and there is DCS terrain. Bugs can come from different sources. Also let's remember that no so long ago there was no 3rd party campaigns... Campaing developers earn money, sure thing, but not that much IMHO. Let's also keep in mind that they are also passionate users, just like us :thumbup:

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I'm not flamming the 3rd Party nor DCS in particular.

I'm not really interested in who's to blame.

I'm a client ; I paid for a stable product and it's not.

If it was beta, well, I would have known.

But it was supposed to be ''stable''.

And that is a general policy : rush unstable and unfinished products out and patch them later.

Everyone is doing it and it pisses me off.

I really enjoy flying the Huey.

I don't mind flying several hours in a row if I don't have to do the very same flight again and again because of bugs.

I find a solution though.

I went back to 1.5 ...

• 2 weeks later...

For now the hook is still broken.

But there may be another problem :

I tried that mission in 1.5.8 and I achieved every tasks.

When you're done with the ground targets, you're asked to tune your FM and go back to Argo.

But at the end of the mission, the score is low (30).

I find absolutely silly to go back to the previous mission when you are below 50.

I mean, do it again ... ok.

Go back to the previous one ? Who's got that idea !?

Anyway, that is another story.

My question is more about the scoring system inside the mission itself.

Why am I so low in score ?

The delivery was smooth and spot on, the shots were accurate.

(And believe me I trained hard).

I think it may have to deal with the flight path you take on your way back.

Maybe you have to follow it very accurately ?

The flight path on your kneeboard is far from a direct return.

Is that where I lose points ?

Maybe you guys could edit the message to be a little less confusing because you're just told to tune your FM and go back...

That said,

Thank you very much for the ability to skip the mission with F10 (while the hook is broken) because Mission 4 is so great that it would have been a shame no to be able to fly it !!

Regards.

Simon

Go back to the previous one ? Who's got that idea !?

It's basically standard procedure in DCS campaigns, due to the lack of dynamic campaign propagation. Like a kind of penalty for not fulfilling your goals. I've seen campaigns where you do just replay the current mission if you have between say 50 and 70, propagate if higher and step down to previous if lower.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yep !

UN and Mirage campaign works like that.

If you're good you go further, if not you stay where you are.

I can see the point of going back on strategy action games, like Close Combat.

You lose a battle then you are pushed back to your previous positions in some way.

But where is the logic of having to go rescue submariners again if you can't slingload a cargo ?

That is nonsense ...

It's not a mission 3 problem though ...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can confirm it is NOT working in 2.5.5.41962

Unfortunately, move away doesn´t help :no_sad:

I've tried it all over the FOB.

Only options that appears on F10 comms menue:

F1. skipp mission

F2. Current Task 1

Too bad, I was really looking forward to it, just build an FFB stick for the Huey,

and now failing already on 3rd mission :cry:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Sorry, my mistake!

this damn translation into German :lol:

It is in F6 menu

I will try to set the language back to english (like many years ago) but that is not so easy with this globalization thing.

Strangely, english in gamesmenues is much more understandable for me,

think this is due to the early conditioning in my childhood ;)

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL