First time on MP with the Mustang

Mowgli

Mount Everest is 25,000 kilometers tall?!?

Brian-Jaw-Drop.gif

OverReaction.gif . . . . . . . . . Suicide.gif

awshucks.gif ... wasn't it obvious enough that I was talking about pixels..FEET, I mean feet .. shame.gif

sigh.gif

Anyway, the mountain isn't that high, the gates you have to fly through, are :thumbup:

Ahhh, where's the fun in that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Here's your new Mustangs boys--you can learn to fly 'em on the way to the target!" LTCOL Don Blakeslee, late February 1944

• 1 month later...
The only issues I can remember having with climbing was with the P-51D Campaign mission 10 or 11 in which you have to climb over the mountains up to about 30,000" (35,000"?), which when you run it as part of the campaign has a bug, which limits your engine power somehow. I ran the mission outside the campaign and the issue was gone, and I could climb up to 30,000" without much effort. This was in DCS World 1.2.xxx.

but%20why2.gif

I recently had this issue as well and remembered this forum. I was getting to about 16 - 17 thousand with the blower in high, about 61" MP and couldn't continue to climb. I took at look at the airplane in the external view and noticed that the gear was fully retracted but the doors were missing. You wouldn't think that would make such a drastic difference in service ceiling but I restarted the mission and sure enough was able to climb to 35,000 with no issues. I'm not sure how I lost the doors. Perhaps I waited too long to retract, although in my mind's eye, I raised the gear at positive rate. Perhaps there is a bug in the mission if so many are having this issue. In any case, if you are having trouble getting above 20,000, this could be the issue.