This would be a great addition...

Apocalypse31

But first they should fix the Superhuman AI and AI xray view .

No problem:

There was a similar thread that discovered a couple flags that appeared to be set to false by default (also after every update they get reset to false); these flags appear to affect the AI ground units LOS vs other ground units (doesn't work against air units). It worked in 1.2.x and I checked it out in 1.5.x and it still seems to be working, so give it a try.

If you look in the following folder in your DCS installation path:

..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\AI

Edit the following lua script file: Detection.lua

You will see the following section near the top:

visual_detection = {

terrain_LOS_test = true,

Earth_curvature_LOS_test = true,

objects_LOS_test = false,

trees_LOS_test = false,

If you set the last two flags to true, AI units will not detect you if you are behind buildings (objects_LOS_test = true), or if you are behind/within blocks of trees (trees_LOS_test = true). This latter flag appears to treat a whole block of trees as one large object that can't been seen through. It also allows you to hide in the trees and move to the edge of the tree "block" and fire from within. Once you move outside of some invisible line on the edge the AI units will then detect you and fire on you.

Hopefully they will continue to support this "feature" in 2.0 until they fix it the proper way, which I presume would be to treat smaller sets of trees as individual objects that can't be seen through. Until then, this work around is much better when working against AI. Before I found that thread I was very discouraged playing CA vs AI.

Have fun!

;)

Все буде добре

Well i guess we all thought at one point in time of having a full blown military simulation where everyone would participate on the battlefield. Others as infantry, others as artilery, flight, vehicle or tank simulation and the likes.

Unfortunately we have to realise that this would also mean to make it anything else then a smash arena and give it a sense of realism it would also need a strategic part where players as officers would assign ermmmmm assignments and i am uncertain what it would look like if not everyone did his part. THis would make sense if there was a multiserver kinda state with a level of proggresion according with the way a player is playing rather then the actual performance.

On a big scale this would draw the same attention if not more as the good old game HARPOON did having been introduced as a learning tool in Annapolis.

WHat we need to keep in mind though is that DCS is a small company and we need to stick with it hoping that smt in a small scale of pure awesomnes will arise in a few decades, plus it would need a server probably bigger then the CCP EVE Online mammoth that is designed to hold as many as one million players concurrently. (Only saw about 70.000 though at the same time)

cheers

Greek/German origin.

Flying sims since 1984.

Using computers since 1977.

Favored FS's:F/A18 Interceptor, F19 Stealth Fighter, Gunnship, F16 Combat Pilot, Flight of the Intruder, A320, Falcon 4.0, MSFS 2004-X, DCS

actually, you can move, run and fire on first person with some units (Stinger and Sa-16) from old 1.2.8 version

But other units like Riflemen and Automatic riflemen cannot even be commanded in combined arms without scripts.

I wish we had a first person model for those units - even if it was a primitive, Delta Force 1 model. It would be better than nothing.

ED needs to overhaul the ground units in general

we're missing piles of interesting tactical niches entirely and what we have for everyone that isn't US/russia is either basic or nonexistent

i wish they'd take a month and just make ground units to fill in the tactical environment really