DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Language barrier. Pretty sure it is the top priority ED module now and next inline for release from them. BST resumed work after the F-5 was released last year. I suspect it was paused again for the Hornet but it can't be all that far from completion given how long they've been at it.

I really hope that's the case. I think there is a large community waiting news on Mi-24. The number of posts on the forum and comments are showing a great interest for this iconic and powerfull helicopter ... unfortunately, despite all this, ED doesn't communicate any information on the progress of the project, which is sometimes even more frustrating than knowing that the project is stopped or postponed.cry.gif

To be continued...

When people talk about a red Gazelle, they typically mean something like the Mi-2URP. And yeah, blue needs an attack chopper too. I truly hope the Mi-24 and AH-1 are the next ED/BST modules and that the F-16 gets thrown on the back burner for a while.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Maybe some news on the Mi-24 during the next ED weekend news ???

Ok guys, sorry, a very bad joke !!

No news since 1 year so why now ?

ED has decided to not communicate anything on the Mi-24, no news, no screenshot, no info regarding the development since the module moved from Belsimtek to ED...

Very frustrated !

If, as me, you are in love of the Mi-24, continue to post on this forum, maybe can we expect a small reaction from Waggs, from Chizh or from any other ED members...Who knows...music_whistling.gif

What a beautiful duet...We want to do the same above the Kobuleti AB ! thumbup.gif

Maybe some news on the Mi-24 during the next ED weekend news ???

Ok guys, sorry, a very bad joke !!

No news since 1 year so why now ?

ED has decided to not communicate anything on the Mi-24, no news, no screenshot, no info regarding the development since the module moved from Belsimtek to ED...

Very frustrated !

If, as me, you are in love of the Mi-24, continue to post on this forum, maybe can we expect a small reaction from Waggs, from Chizh or from any other ED members...Who knows...music_whistling.gif

What a beautiful duet...We want to do the same above the Kobuleti AB ! thumbup.gif

Latest Information i am aware of is this post from Wags, from 07-11-2018: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

Considering the Yak is now out i would guess the MI-24 is now the next Module to be released. (If that order means something)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Latest Information i am aware of is this post from Wags, from 07-11-2018: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

Considering the Yak is now out i would guess the MI-24 is now the next Module to be released. (If that order means something)

With ED it is always surprising...

Everybody was surprised with the announcement of the YAK-52 development...

It should not be forgotten that the announcement of this module was released during a WE news in November 2017 !

The releasse of the YAK-52 module was effective end of July, 8 months later !

The Mi-24 module was discussed on very few discussions but is not yet officially announced...

How much longer are we going to wait for the official Mi-24 module announcement ? An then still at least 8 months for the release ???

This lack of information regarding the Mi-24 is quiet annoying !

I don't know if I am too negative or if some people have the same feelings as me... but is it really impossible to have some news on the evolution of this project? We don't ask the date of a possible realease !

For your information, during the past, the development of the Ka-50 module was so long and the release was so many times posponed that I got my Private Pilot license (Helicopter) on Robinson 22 ! smartass.gif

I think that I will have my Bell-206 licence before the release of the Mi-24 ! smile.gifsmile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
we must catch up War Thunder

narrator says in this video that: "you can carry additional ammunition in the cargo hold, so you can land anywhere and re-load your weapons"

is this true? was it done in the field before? If so, it would be great to do that after run out at missiles.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

we must catch up War Thunder

It's incredible to see the level of graphics in Warthunder. Whether it's the terrain or the modules. Mind-blowing! However, I don't own the game of course. I mean, the simplicity in it is just not for me. The only reason why I bought a computer some years ago was DCS. Nothing else is installed on my system. With DCS 2.5 we have much better graphics no doubt. Who knows what DCS 3.5 brings with it some years from now :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Just thinking about that in a hopefully not too far away future, we'll be able to fly this BEAST of a helicopter, makes my spine tingle :prop:

Edit: thanx @Unknown for helping me sorting out the link :)

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Just thinking about that in a hopefully not too far away future, we'll be able to fly this BEAST of a helicopter, makes my spine tingle :prop:

Edit: couldnt get the youtube-tags to work properly. added link to video :(

To get the YT-tags working:

- this is your link

- only the part AFTER the "=" is of interrest

- click on YT-tags and put that "interresting-part" between the tags - NnVn9jfCH0g

I can't wait to fly this beauty!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

how are the rockets fired with these tandem seater attack helos?

is pilot aiming and gunner pulling the trigger? how can aim preciesly?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Pilot from higher cockpit is a commander pilot and he capability firing unguidet rockets and gunpods.

Pilot from lower cockpit is WO and capability firing guided rocket and front turret gun JakB-12,7.

If WO is wounded or something pilot commander can use the front gun. He need switch gun in fixed position in the line of fusalage.

Man, a chin gun is a key part of the "gunship" experience. A fixed cannon and it'll be like another airplane.

+1

However, here is what I've posted recently elsewhere:

First it was the L-39C. And then the L-39ZA was made.

First it was the SA342M, and now we have 4 different versions of the Gazelle.

Same thing with the C-101EB and CC Aviojets.

2 Froggies; A and T.

2 Warthogs; A and C.

2 Mustangs; TF and P.

3 MiG-29's; A, G and S.

The point is, we might get yet other versions of the Hind. Let's enjoy the first one when released, which we all will do (drooling here all over my keyboard already), and then start flirting with the developers to get more, becuase we're their nagging wives when it comes to that. And they "love" us for it :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Fixed gun sucks . I hope they will make another version

Youtube

Fixed gun sucks . I hope they will make another version

Fixed gun is maybe the easiest solution for a dual pilot helicopter...for the moment.

The Pilot can flight and fire with guns and rockets.

The gunmen can manage only the anti-tank missile...

I can live with it...

But before asking for different versions...let's wait for a FIRST real annoucement on the status of the project...Which is still on but maybe still far away from a BETA version...

And there is no one more impatient than me on the release of the "Majestic" Mi-24 HIND ..music_whistling.gif