Can I transfer Starforce keys to Steam or buy gift copies?

Shoot2maim

I just saw the announcement of the Autumn Helicopter sale and was very excited. I was already starting to become very interested in picking up some of the rotary aircraft for a while, and was going to get one next month for my birthday. So the upcoming sale is absolutely perfect for me. One issue, though. I also read on the Facebook page that the sale is E-shop only. I currently have the Mirage and Harrier on steam, and don't really want to give them up, and most of the time Steam is the only plausible platform for me to make purchases for this on.

I remember reading before that keys before the Mirage could be transferred between versions, however, and I believe all of these modules came out before it. On the E-shop page it says that they are still Steam incompatible, though. Is this true? At the same time I did also read a post on Reddit that claimed that they were able to add their keys through messing around with the files somehow, was wondering if that still worked.

Alternatively, if that also is not an option, I wanted to know if it would be possible to buy the bundle as gifts and trade them to to others for the Steam versions. I do not know if many would be open to the idea if it even is possible because, well, sale, but I still want to explore all avenues. I do not have money to spend on DCS option, and will sorely regret being able to miss out on this sort of opportunity.

I remember reading before that keys before the Mirage could be transferred between versions, however, and I believe all of these modules came out before it. On the E-shop page it says that they are still Steam incompatible, though. Is this true?

You can only transfer from Steam to standalone, not viceversa. (And only for DLC that uses Starfirce protection)

At the same time I did also read a post on Reddit that claimed that they were able to add their keys through messing around with the files somehow, was wondering if that still worked.

I wonder why a moderator hasnt called you out about this ... I suggest seeking the answer on Reddit.

I do not have money to spend on DCS option, and will sorely regret being able to miss out on this sort of opportunity.

You could always wait for a Steam sale ... I already have the 4 copters, purchased at separate sales over time ... this also allows you time to properly study each, 4 copters at once would overwhelm me :)

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone point me to step by step instructions on how to transfer my P51-D plane from my steam account to my stand alone account?

thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier