Drag from the gear...

Anatoli-Kagari9

I'll be honest i can never level out well , it's been years n years of simming but to get the level out is not at possible for me i just can't , so even if i try to level the 51 with the gear it may not be noticeable because i anyway keep going down even after trimming. I can blame it on the stick or blame myself can't say.

That happens because you're missing the seat-of-pants sensation! You're a PILOT, remember ? You only did something wrong with it in your previous life ( my problem too I guess... ) so, in this one we're only allowed to play simulators... Well, I managed to play RL gliders too which is just great :-)

Now, joking apart, I understand your frustration. But I believe the ww2 aircraft modelled in DCS are actually the kind of aircraft that can't be flown hands-off or trim and forget... They're naturally a bit unstable in some or all of their axis and couplings... That's why you can't find an easy way to fly level.

Missing the forces and other sensorial feedback in your body also helps making things really difficult in a sim.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

That happens because you're missing the seat-of-pants sensation! You're a PILOT, remember ? You only did something wrong with it in your previous life ( my problem too I guess... ) so, in this one we're only allowed to play simulators... Well, I managed to play RL gliders too which is just great :-)

Now, joking apart, I understand your frustration. But I believe the ww2 aircraft modelled in DCS are actually the kind of aircraft that can't be flown hands-off or trim and forget... They're naturally a bit unstable in some or all of their axis and couplings... That's why you can't find an easy way to fly level.

Missing the forces and other sensorial feedback in your body also helps making things really difficult in a sim.

Haha ya I probably crashed a few mig21 of the Indian Air Force in that life .

I need to trim properly and then test the LG. I know how to level out using the VSI but sometimes i feel the stick is too messy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC