DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have an estimated price for NTTR map? I understood is free for those with A10C beta... but I am not on that group so I am really interested about it as I have to buy it x2 times :D

A couple of years ago it was said to be 50 U.S. dollars.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Does anyone know if the NTTR map is still scheduled to be released soon?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Does anyone know if the NTTR map is still scheduled to be released soon?

Depends on your definition of "soon"

In Dec 2014, most likely not.

In Jan 2015, probably not due to Russian holiday.

In Feb 2015, maybe, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

So, soon could be a couple months from now, or longer.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Well according to previous news letters Nevada and Hormuz where stated to be released winter of 2014. But with the most recent newsletter it's not looking very probable. Only time will tell but I sure hope Nevada and 2.0 come out end of December.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Well according to previous news letters Nevada and Hormuz where stated to be released winter of 2014. But with the most recent newsletter it's not looking very probable. Only time will tell but I sure hope Nevada and 2.0 come out end of December.

EDGE may come out before the new terrains. So while we might get EDGE this month, Nevada might not be released for another few months. It looks like the new maps are having the most difficulty. With the whole map team working on Nevada I think we can safely assume Straits will not be released this year.

EDGE may come out before the new terrains. So while we might get EDGE this month, Nevada might not be released for another few months. It looks like the new maps are having the most difficulty. With the whole map team working on Nevada I think we can safely assume Straits will not be released this year.

Ya I agree but you never know. Either way 2.0 looks awesome in the current map so it will be great to explore and dogfight it out with the shiny new clouds and hopefully som sweet grass!

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

As we have seen no videos of EDGE yet, I don't think we will get it this year. All we have are screenshots and Wags statement they are working to improve performance further in the newsletter.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• ED Team
As we have seen no videos of EDGE yet, I don't think we will get it this year. All we have are screenshots and Wags statement they are working to improve performance further in the newsletter.

All the Fw 190, Su-27 and Bf 109 vids are done in EDGE/2.0

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

it seems that nttr would not be ready in dec with high probability. I'm not sure whether ed determines to release 2.0 and nttr at the same time until both are ready not either one. Its fine that ed needs more time to tune the nttr. It would be awesome if 2.0 can come out earlier, such that enjoying 2.0 with black sea map is also a happy time w/o nttr.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

it seems that nttr would not be ready in dec with high probability. I'm not sure whether ed determines to release 2.0 and nttr at the same time until both are ready not either one. Its fine that ed needs more time to tune the nttr. It would be awesome if 2.0 can come out earlier, such that enjoying 2.0 with black sea map is also a happy time w/o nttr.

I was under the impression (for some reason) that NTTR was pretty much done and that they were waiting for EDGE to release them both at the same time. IIRC NTTR requires EDGE... Then when it looked like EDGE was going to be delayed, then they decided to add some more options to the NTTR map since they were waiting on EDGE anyway.. (Seem to recall something like a few more airstrips being added)

And no I do not have a link to the thread, just going from memory..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I don't think we'll see V.2 this year. And honestly, I'm not sure this would be a good thing.

Releasing such a major update just before the russian holiday .... I mean, they will obviously be bugs and chances are some will need immediate correction.

Good developers under promise and over deliver.

Especially when they have no reason not to. So, I'm hoping for a XMas present. ;-)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Where clients are there are bubbles and there will be "simulation".

As an A10 or Ka50 pilot for example I do not care if 120 miles away a battle is "simulated" by AI behaviour or won/lost by calculations.

I see bubble working in MP 2-3 days a week. It works not just for the graphics part.

And if a client drops in his bubble a bomb over the trigger zone the trigger could activated by his side. (btw does the bomb in zone trigger works now in MP?)

Except 120mi isn't far when your simulating a battlefield based around aerial combat. Its not likely most mission designers are going to place massive amounts of ground units where human interaction is unintended. An enemy/own EWR or AWACS could be well outside of your bubble but be constantly interacting with you at the same time. Or a long range sam site that exist solely to keep out of an area or on task. The entire area of play is already functionally a bubble (since the whole world isn't simulated), just a really large one, that still is technically too small for certain scenarios.

What you're think of with triggers isn't a real bubble. AI will already largely be doing nothing if there isn't something to be antagonizing it or in the range of its sensors. Its still has to be polling continuously for that 'in range' condition to be true.

I was under the impression (for some reason) that NTTR was pretty much done and that they were waiting for EDGE to release them both at the same time. IIRC NTTR requires EDGE... Then when it looked like EDGE was going to be delayed, then they decided to add some more options to the NTTR map since they were waiting on EDGE anyway.. (Seem to recall something like a few more airstrips being added)

And no I do not have a link to the thread, just going from memory..

See this, hope it is what you want

Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) and Strait of Hormuz Map Status

Our map team is solely focused on the NTTR map right now. As mentioned in the last newsletter, the team has been having to do a lot of work adapting terrain textures and shadows since the map assets were moved from the terrainviewer tool to DCS World 2. How the terrainviewer tool and the DCS World handle light and shadows is quite different and made the NTTR map in DCS World look an odd yellow hue. In this way, the NTTR map has certainly been a test-bed for us using the new maps tools. While this and other map issues are being worked on, our map 3D modelers have had the time to add Las Vegas McCarren International airport. If time allows, we also hope to also add Tonopah Air Force Base (located in the northwest corner of the rand and it would provide great CONTANT PEG missions).

From above statement, it seems that nttr needs more to do (color, light, etc), then during that improvement, modeler can do something. That's my understanding. I've no idea they are tuning the map or edge to make nttr looks correct. If latter one, then we would see both at the same time maybe next Feb, if first one, personally I want to see it ASAP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• ED Team

NTTR was complete as far as the building stage, but right now its being placed into DCS, and as this is the first of the new maps, growing pains are to be expected. I would assume after NTTR is in, things will go smoother in the future...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

^^^^ that sounds as if DCS is about to get machine gunned with maps. And I never heard of a machine gun firing just 2 shots. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

^^^^ that sounds as if DCS is about to get machine gunned with maps. And I never heard of a machine gun firing just 2 shots. ;)

Hormuz, 1944 Normandy and so on..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs