How complete is the harrier now?

98abaile

I bought this module on release and I think I've only ever flown it once, deciding it wasn't anywhere near complete enough to fly. However I've been thinking about it again, so now I want to know how complete it is, both in terms of functionality and realism?

It's about 98% complete. It still needs JDAMs, but those are already in internal testing, so we should have them shortly. It doesn't have a campaign yet. I think that's about it for things that are still missing. I'm sure there are a few bugs that still need squashing, but that's the case for almost every module.

Edit: I forgot, the manual's badly out of date. They're working on a final version, but it isn't out yet. Use Chuck's guide and/or YT videos to learn how to use it, because the current manual's wrong or incomplete about many things.

It's about 98% complete.

And still has about 50% of bugs reported over the years.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Could someone please give a rundown of what exactly is the missing 2% (other than JDAM)? Any MFD pages, weapon modes etc missing? What are the most annoying bugs?

I know there are plenty of bug reports that are open, but between forums being inherently messy and large, and Razbam being more active on other channels, it's hard to know what's working adn what isn't.

It's about 98% complete.

LOFL. hardly. I forget the page plus long list of missing features but id wager its still relevant...

I just want moving target leads, snd wind leads put in.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's about 98% complete...
Oh, really? I didn't know that and am surprised. If so, I'm pleased. Time to re-sit in the cockpit then...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

If you are thinking positive, then maybe 75% complete.

If you are thinking positive, then maybe 35% complete and bug free.

I suppose you meant "negative" instead of the second "positive". ;)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

No.

Nearly every function or system is either bugged or missing features. Even the ejection seat is bugged.

35% of the system / functions being completed and bug free is very, very positive thinking.

LOL...

Well I think we can all agree that its definately not 98% done, and it wont be done in 2 more weeks. Though we might get JDAMs soon ish.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is it mission capable. Yes. ;)

It isn't. At least not reliable.

Tpod can't be slewed with a Ministick. Laser just stops working. ARBS has no wind compensation. Sidearms won't get off the rail. Frequencies can't be entered at first attemp.

Tacan is bugged for navigation, CTD are still commen when aligning.

So there is no system for weapon delivery which is complete and bug free.

Maybe if you only wan't to fly around a little bit, but as soon as you study the Natops and dig a little bit deeper then just scratching the surface, you realize how is state really is.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

So if it's only 75% complete with bugs, what specifically is in the 25% that is missing?

There is like a year old post from Toilet2000 with a page long list of stuff thats missing. A bit of it has been added or fixed in the last year, but I'd wager most of it has not. Its a pretty easy exercise to look through the actual tac man and see whats not even implemented.

On the AA side, I don't think SEAM actually works right, and there is no seeker DMT slew (way handy for target ID).

A/G wise, and this is by no means the full list you have some major functionality missing.

No hotspot tracker (might never get that because reasons)

No ARBS wind/moving target compenstation (TPOD likely should be able to do that too)

Random bugs with Mavs (cooldown bug still there?), sidearms, maybe dumb bombs still?

Unrealistic CCIP behavior (or was this actually fixed, I don't recall any more).

Various missing MFD pages. CAS, others?

The aforementioned TPOD laser/slewing problems.

INS (ins drift etc) is variously incomplete, and since it ties into most of the weapon delivery calcs IRL I'd wager many of the delivery modes are "too good".

FM seems bland/digital to me compared to something like the F14/viggen at the edges of the envelope.

etc...

TOO button generates WP in midair instead of on the ground (or was that fixed?)

Tarawa mostly useless online for more than a year (pointing fingers at whoever for that one)

No VR pilot

So pretty far from 98%

On the plus side, we get JDAM's (though I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth on that because they will be more limited than the hornet/viper) and I think the CAS page is coming along too.

Can you fly it? Sure..

Can you drop some bombs on stuff? Sure..

Can you fly realistic mission profiles? Kinda, sorta, but also not depending on what you actually want to do.

Is it 98% done, LOL, nope...

Honestly, the most fun I've had with it is just offline doing TO/landing on things, which it can do. Once I started digging into the various nav systems, weapons systems, it rapidly became annoying. I've learned how to work around the various bugs, but the fact I have to do so in the first place means I don't fly it much anymore.

Edited by Harlikwin

That is EXACTLY the post I've been hoping for, thanks a lot Harlikwin!

Lol, its not even a complete list, just my recollections. But glad it helped you. I should go find that old post update and repost it here.

It may not be complete but it's a considerable upgrade over the percentages thrown around in the first page ;)

True, but those percentages are entirely subjective. If you want to putz around with it doing T/O Landing/patterns, its pretty good. Nav, kinda sorta works depending on what you actually want to do (in perfect no drift fashion), Tacan is broken though IIRC. Weapons kinda sorta work with various bugs etc. So I wouldn't put a hard fast number on it. It's my opinion alot of the people (not all) that are "very happy" with the harrier are flying it very casually and have never looked at the tacman or done a real deep dive on the systems. I see people doing stupid things with it on various online servers all the time and I'm sure they are "verry happy".

Once I started digging into the various nav systems, weapons systems, it rapidly became annoying. I've learned how to work around the various bugs, but the fact I have to do so in the first place means I don't fly it much anymore.

Ah, yeah, that's disappointing. This is why I started the thread in the first place, it's the kind of thing I don't want to be dealing with. I don't want to be deliberately learning something wrong just to get around something that ought to be fixed.

Ah, yeah, that's disappointing. This is why I started the thread in the first place, it's the kind of thing I don't want to be dealing with. I don't want to be deliberately learning something wrong just to get around something that ought to be fixed.

Yup. Its not limited to Razbam, but the really slow development time makes it worse.