Radio's

Elof

Would anyone be able to tell me what button in set-up for the F-16 controls radio's. I am trying to set them up for SRS to be the same as other aircraft I have. EG: most aircraft I have Com 2 set for UHF but in the F-16 it is set to Com 1 so trying to set up my Push to talk button.

COMMunication switch on the throttle forward/aft or up/down depending on your point of view.

The switch is on the front side of the throttle handle with COM1 being activated by pulling the index finger and COM2 by pushing the index finger. The idea is that you talk on VHF a lot more commonly than UHF and the push is an easier finger movement to make. But if you end up on UHF in DCS make it whatever direction of the switch is most comfortable for your joystick device.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply folks. But was actualy after what would be the names of the Key BINDINGS within the F-16sim settings. So I could bind certain keys within the SIM settings, for PUSH to Talk.

transmit switches bring up comms menu's.
good

I am looking for the comms switches that will allow push to talk.
that's exactly what those switches are doing.

Much like the tomcat's srs switches in options settings
I'm not too sure what those bindings do for the F-14, but in DCS pressing a transmit (a.k.a. Push-To-Talk) control brings up a communication menu, by which you choose the message to transmit. It's a core functionality of the simulator.

If you want SRS Transmit bindings, but don't want the DCS radio interaction, then don't bind those controls in DCS.... leave them blank.. and just bind them directly in SRS. You press switch, DCS sees nothing, SRS sees PTT. Easy.

Like Toten says, if you only want SRS functionality then bind the buttons to SRS transmit radio 1, radio 2 directly. SRS is able to piggyback onto the cockpit buttons that activate the text radio menu but if you don't want the text menus to activate, don't use this method.

If you have multiple modules and want different arrangements for different airplanes, use the profile system within SRS to customize how you want SRS to respond on a per-module basis.

Thx folks understood all that. What I didn't know was srs having a profile setting for each Module. Yeah was just trying to set SRS push to talk to same button for all modules. Thanks a lot everyone for all the help:pilotfly: