cant re set master caution/warning

Xxx

Anyone know which keys reset the master caution/warning lights?

Lctrl+R doesn't work?

I am wanting to cancel the Caution for Low H2o and bingo. Also master warning LAW, low altitude. Cant seem to re set them?

Thanks

Edited by Accipiter
circumstances for reset

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

The warnings and cautions are stacked, each in their own queue. Pressing their respective reset buttons removes the top warning or caution. I'm not sure if they are in the order of the indicator lamps or order of importance or order of recording, but I'm generally just pressing reset until the darn things stops panicking.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Anyone know which keys reset the master caution/warning lights?

Lctrl+R doesn't work?

I am wanting to cancel the Caution for Low H2o and bingo. Also master warning LAW, low altitude. Cant seem to re set them?

Thanks

If those are the only two caution advisory lights that you cannot get to go away, that is the way they are designed. For the BINGO caution all you have to do is scroll the bingo setting to a lower number. Then it won't come back on until you get below that fuel state again. As for H2O Master Caution light, the only time that comes on when you are low on water is when you have the water switch in T/O or LDG. Simply turn water off and the H2O Master Caution will go away, but will stay illuminated as long as you have water selected. If it is the H2O caution advisory light (lower right side above where your right knee would be), then that means that you have water still selected and are going faster than 250 knots. Again, simply turn water off and the light will extinguish.

As for the LAW, that is the height you set on the Up Front Controls (UFC). It is the ALT button below the AWL button. When you press that you will see the height show on the scratchpad and can change it to whatever you want. As long as you are above that height, you will not see the LAW Master Warning light.

If you have questions or need further explanation don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

If those are the only two caution advisory lights that you cannot get to go away, that is the way they are designed. For the BINGO caution all you have to do is scroll the bingo setting to a lower number. Then it won't come back on until you get below that fuel state again. As for H2O Master Caution light, the only time that comes on when you are low on water is when you have the water switch in T/O or LDG. Simply turn water off and the H2O Master Caution will go away, but will stay illuminated as long as you have water selected. If it is the H2O caution advisory light (lower right side above where your right knee would be), then that means that you have water still selected and are going faster than 250 knots. Again, simply turn water off and the light will extinguish.

As for the LAW, that is the height you set on the Up Front Controls (UFC). It is the ALT button below the AWL button. When you press that you will see the height show on the scratchpad and can change it to whatever you want. As long as you are above that height, you will not see the LAW Master Warning light.

If you have questions or need further explanation don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Many thanks.

Early days training in this jet, so quite a steep learning curve. Getting proficient in flying skills takes time, but the weapons training will take longer I think!

It's s fine module, my only big disappointment is no starting from a carrier? I take it that this is still a work in progress or have I missed something?

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

It's s fine module, my only big disappointment is no starting from a carrier? I take it that this is still a work in progress or have I missed something?

Cheers.

Not sure but launching from the Tarawa (LHA) works fine for me. If you are in OB 2.5.6 there should not be any reason you can't launch from the boat. If you are just learning however, make sure you know how to do a STO (Short Take Off).

The MASTER WARNING / CAUTION light logic in the harrier is not modeled correctly. I have submitted bug reports last year and still have not been answered nor fixed. On Depress the light should stay illuminated while condition exists, and only the voice aural warning needs depressed if multiple audio aural warnings exists and it will cancel in sequence.

Should be low hanging fruit to fix. alas....

1XZjokB.png

The warnings and cautions are stacked, each in their own queue. Pressing their respective reset buttons removes the top warning or caution. I'm not sure if they are in the order of the indicator lamps or order of importance or order of recording, but I'm generally just pressing reset until the darn things stops panicking.

They are, if you wait until you hear the specific warning and then press master warning it cancels it. You only need to press it a couple times but you have to press it right after each separate voice warning is heard for it to work. The real bug is it doesn’t count presses of the switch until then. Otherwise it works just like the quote from NATOPS above.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

They are, if you wait until you hear the specific warning and then press master warning it cancels it. You only need to press it a couple times but you have to press it right after each separate voice warning is heard for it to work. The real bug is it doesn’t count presses of the switch until then. Otherwise it works just like the quote from NATOPS above.

Not entirely correct. The Lamp should remain illuminated on press while the condition exist. If you own the JF-17 it is similar in that nature.

If you press successively IRL it will remove the AUDIO warnings/cautions one at at time

Not sure but launching from the Tarawa (LHA) works fine for me. If you are in OB 2.5.6 there should not be any reason you can't launch from the boat. If you are just learning however, make sure you know how to do a STO (Short Take Off).

Hi, no I'm on stable 2.5.5. A cold start is impossible. I can start from the Tarawa if I chose a runway start, which is engines running.

Probably if I went beta everything would be ok for a cold Tarawa start?

Another moan (not really since I love this module) is with "Betty"! She bitches away at every opportunity. "Roll out, Roll out" !! These usually during an attack run when I know I'm driving at a steep angle in a roll, I don't need her bellowing hysterically in my headset! Lol! "Power, Power Power", this is another pointless yell, since I am no where near stall? How do you shut her up? Box of chocs won't do for this dame!

It would be better if Betty would yell when a missile is locked on, but she can't do everything! ????