[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] Boresight stuck about 10-15 degrees down.

Capn kamikaze

What it is doing is when I switch to boresight ACM mode, the radar is pointing down rather than straight ahead where the cross is on the HUD.

Update: If I access boresight by pressing the MFD button, it looks straight ahead, but if I access it by Pressing TMS up on my warthog, it looks down by what looks like 10-15 degrees, it's 100% repeatable aswell.

I can also get it to do this if I enter Boresight via the MFD, then press TMS up again, I can see it immediately turn the radar down.

• ED Team

Hi

We really need to see a track or video or pictures,

we are unable to reproduce on our machines.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm not sure what triggers it, I've just tried it twice, first time it did it after I'd moved the antenna elevation in a BVR mode then switched to ACM and then Boresight mode, and then it was like it for the rest of the flight, second time it didn't do it at all.

If it happens again, I'll save the track and post it.

Ok, got it to do it again, where you see I'm in boresight mode, if you look at the elevation position on the radar screen, it is depressed, and the azimuth position is not searching left and right when this is happening.

You should also see the elevation flicking between depressed and the correct position, this is when I am using my warthog and the workaround I found (holding TMS down)

Using either my TM MFD button, or clicking the button in the virtual cockpit doesn't trigger this, only when using my Warthog, and the TMS buttons are not mapped via the TARGET GUI, they're just using the directX inputs in the game itself.

The issue plays back on my install.

Track file...

F-16 boresight issue.trk

Edited by Cap'n kamikaze

• 2 weeks later...