Updater unable to delete a file

Hi!

I tried to update to the latest 2.5.2.17559.377 version. Updater gives me following error: "Can't delete C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/ed_sound.dll: (5) Access is denied." and the update ends.

After the update ended I also received following error: "Can't run C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/DCS.exe: (2) The system cannot find the file specified."

Any help?

• ED Team
Thanks! After a couple of restarts started working.

good to hear :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi m8, I get the same problem. I've tried 3 times to download 2.5.2 and each time it gets to the end gives me a message that it cant delete something then starts the game in version 2.5.1. please help. ps each time i tried downloading i run the repair first. thanks m8.

• 7 months later...

..anyway to permanently delete an effect file and still get the game to run? I'm trying to delete the Ship Foam file. The game crashes when recognizes that it's missing. I also keeping the folder but deleting the contents...still crashes..thanks

• 1 year later...

I have never seen so many antivirus warnings for an update (actually I have never seen any antivirus warnings for an update until now). It started with the first 2.5.6 where some .dll were blocked (I had to release them from quarantine) then with yesterday's update , I had to completely uninstall the antivirus (Bit Defender) in order to run the update as it was simply blocking systematically the move of some dll to the game folder by the installer. This is less than re assuring honestly to have to do that and also, I hope we can trust ED that they are running multiple checks on their files to make sure they are not infected.

My Bitdefender had no issues and I don't think it is therefore a simple issue

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Bit Defender Issue

My Bitdefender had no issues and I don't think it is therefore a simple issue

I had this problem also, but I checked my Exception settings in Bit Defender, and added my Eagle Dynamics directories...and told Bit Defender to allow for the movement of the particular .dll file it was flagging.

I then did a repair, and all is fine now.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Yeah, I had the same problem with Bitdefender flagging one of the i-16 files as a problem

D:\eagle dynamics\dcs world openbeta\mod\bin\i16m.dll

infected with Trojan.GenericKD.42665178.

and

The file D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\.torrents\OCTOPUSG_I-16.arch_x86_64\cf\cf8939bfb14b188379632d8f62b394006758244f30a9aeb6e567cd5d423e8e12 is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.42669681.