“Unit Hits” not triggering action.

deafaviator

I’m trying add a trigger for “Unit Hits” on a mission where you strafe a pair of tanks with guns. I’d like for any hits to register and trigger the action (flag and message). However, I can’t seem to get it to work. Tacview shows solid hits (500+ hits), but DCS briefing isn’t registering them.

Any ideas on why this might be the case?

• 1 year later...
See if this helps at all. :thumbup: It's working for me tested 10mins ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3634765&postcount=63

I didn't want to create a new thread, so I'm just going to reply to this one as it doesn't seem there has been a confirmed resolution.

I tried the triggers per the video as well but changed the target to a MiG-25 and me, the shooter, was an F-15. The trigger was also a sound and a message, neither which appeared whether I hit the MiG-25 with a gun round or any kind of missile.

Has anyone had this issue and has any one resolved it?

I didn't want to create a new thread, so I'm just going to reply to this one as it doesn't seem there has been a confirmed resolution.

I tried the triggers per the video as well but changed the target to a MiG-25 and me, the shooter, was an F-15. The trigger was also a sound and a message, neither which appeared whether I hit the MiG-25 with a gun round or any kind of missile.

Has anyone had this issue and has any one resolved it?

As per my previous post..... at that time there was no issue but following testing today, I can confirm and concur with you that UNIT HITS is not working (for me at least) following the latest OB update.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As per my previous post..... at that time there was no issue but following testing today, I can confirm and concur with you that UNIT HITS is not working (for me at least) following the latest OB update.

Understood, I must have missed that post. That's a bummer, hope it gets fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

Unit Damaged works. I haven't tried Unit Hits but I wonder what the difference would be between a single tank round as shown in the YouTube video tutorial vs multiple hits from a plane's gun. The other problem is having to repeat the trigger as many times as you need when using "Once". But "Repetitive" would just loop the action endlessly. Would be nice if there was a simple trigger option like "every time unit is hit, do same action".

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Just tested this in DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6.55363, and this trigger condition appears to be working again. Not sure if this just didn't make it into the changelog, or if whatever caused it to quit working in the first place was rectified or changed.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head