BF-109 G6

FlankerKiller

I for the life of me will never understand the logic behind making the K-4. It was barely in production on D Day, and honestly it was barely produced, at least comparatively. The G-6 on the other hand was defiantly serving in numbers on D Day, and was the most produced version. ED made an A-8 so pleas guys make a G-6.

• Like 2

I for the life of me will never understand the logic behind making the K-4. It was barely in production on D Day, and honestly it was barely produced, at least comparatively. The G-6 on the other hand was defiantly serving in numbers on D Day, and was the most produced version. ED made an A-8 so pleas guys make a G-6.

We were told at the time that there was more accurate documentation available for the K-4 version .Don't know more than this.

No way. After the war we extensively tested all of the German aircraft. I'm certain there is plenty of info to work with. At the time the warbirds were pet projects. Now there is an actual effort being made to recreate the 1944ish air war. And for that the G-6 is it.

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'd love to have the G6 too, but it would be vulnerable to the spit IX and P-51D. Maybe a later mark like the G10, G12, G14. It is a mid-war design. Maybe someday we will have G6, the Spit V, and P-51B or C. I think we would all love early war models too, from The 109 E, F, through early G models (The Finns would like to have the earlier Gs flown by Finland).

I think the G6 would hold its' own against the P-47 at the low altitudes typically found in DCS multiplayer servers.

But maybe ED does not want to steal thunder from IL-2 - the two companies are on friendly terms.

Edited by fencible

Meh, as a lifelong 109 lover, G6 is the only 109 version I don't like at all. Hardpass for me... Do anything else, and I'm game, E-3,E-4,E-7,F-2,F-4,G-2,G-10, I'd be happy with any of these.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Nah, won't be popular. Just like A8

The A8 isn't so unpopular.

It's the 4th most flown machine and the 2nd most effective ground attack aircraft on the storm of war server.

http://www.stormofwar.org/?Page=dcs/stats/aircraft

I'd love the G-6 in DCS. Would really help with the coherency of planeset.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

The A8 isn't so unpopular.

It's the 4th most flown machine and the 2nd most effective ground attack aircraft on the storm of war server.

I'm sorry, how many people are playing on that server? Like, 10? And there are only 5 WW2 birds in the game AT ALL dude(excluding I-16). You'd better check somewhat more populated servers like LDFM. Little to no A8s there

• 2 months later...

I agree that one of the more common, large production number and 'famous' variants might have been a better choice, but I doubt it makes so much sense with the K-4 already around. Cohesion is something one could have had in mind then. At this point, that idea is a bit of a joke, considering how even the WWII project is all over the place already.

• 2 months later...

Prefer the G6 to the K4 any day as it was the most produced variant and was really the only variant used in June `44. However if i could vote I always vote for a F4 or G2 as the pinnacle of the type

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

RAF Museum Cosford G2 and some friends.

DSC_0399_1.thumb.jpg.d7dd60a28c9ecef877907a2f2fa79dce.jpg

DSC_0383_1.thumb.jpg.57256804d097e636cb999b0c2d2fbb70.jpg

DSC_0405_1.thumb.jpg.c8103b2665cc481131e9588dbf4b0508.jpg

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

considering how even the WWII project is all over the place already

So true. The jets have no chronological consistency at all, and Nick said he wants the BoB for WW2!

Delivering a coherent WW2 planeset should be the goal, so +1 for the G6!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Prefer the G6 to the K4 any day as it was the most produced variant and was really the only variant used in June `44. However if i could vote I always vote for a F4 or G2 as the pinnacle of the type

There was not one “G6” variant - there were lots of variations on this long-serving model with quite a bit of differences in performance.

I agree about the G2/F4. These would be the most fun for me and a good match to the Spit IX and Mosquito. Well, the F4 is a bit earlier but still a good performer in 1943.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

thesy should require to build tyhem in pairs lets say G-6 / P 51 B, 109 F4 Spit Mk II, and so won so we would stop having planes form every era and not compareble...

Gustav, yeah I radder have a 10 than a 6 , but again it alldepends on whats on teh other side...not for balance neceserilly but for coherence...

• 1 year later...

F YEAH G6! Most produced and classic 109 boy Far... Also, It would be a great door for all the different types, giving It a nice diversity with ALL the variants and with that, great value for money and subsequently sales 🌚

Also I would just love a 109 with a mg151 instead of the 30mm lol.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:42 PM, TotenDead said:

Pinnacle? For 1941/42 maybe.

I think he mean F-4 or G-2 were the best in relation to their opponents of the time.

Even if i.e. G-14 was more capable than G-2, it was already surpassed by its opposition.

It's like what's the pick of i.e. MiG-21 career: very capable 1960' MiG-21F-13 with great visibility, maneuverability, performance on par with the best fighters of the world. Or 2000' MiG-21 Bison, third grade aircraft, worse in every regard than anything it could meet in the air, a death trap for the pilot in case of any symmetrical conflict.

• Like 1