Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Apart from aforementioned flickering, part of the smoke column effect becomes kind of stationary if there are multiple big sources clustered together (noticed in P-51 ground attack solo tutorial after setting oil tanks on fire). But that's an acceptable price to pay for otherwise excellent mod.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just what I noticed that buliding smoke have different angle (greater angle with the same wind) than vehicles smoke. It was before here. I think its DCS bug.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

taz does this need to be loaded on the server side or just client

I never hosted a server so I am not sure but my understanding is just client.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks everyone for the comments btw.

Just client works fine. I use it and it works the same on SP and MP, on our private server.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Only the client who installed it will see the improved effects, no "transmission" over the server to others. Thus I hope it will be implemented into DCS core to make it usable for everyone. I just hear some calling..."uh those using the default and unrealistic smoke have an advantage to detect helos or moving vehicles".

Again my 2cts: Taz´s work is a MUST

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Only the client who installed it will see the improved effects, no "transmission" over the server to others. Thus I hope it will be implemented into DCS core to make it usable for everyone. I just hear some calling..."uh those using the default and unrealistic smoke have an advantage to detect helos or moving vehicles".

Again my 2cts: Taz´s work is a MUST

VERY TRUE!!

I hope GLOWING AMRAAM here will indeed 'promote' it ASAP

so we can ALL see it without mods and/or 'cheating' remarks...

bringing the graphics to 2020 standards.

Cheers!

Callsign   SETUP

Interestingly the new OB 2.5.6.55363

Mentions - Effects. The Speed smoke and fire was improved.

Is this likely to clash with this mod?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Interestingly the new OB 2.5.6.55363

Mentions - Effects. The Speed smoke and fire was improved.

Is this likely to clash with this mod?

Doesn't look like it at first glance. You can list files by Date modified to see what they actually changed. Looks like they're fiddling with smoke trail which is good sign.

What's speed smoke and speed fire?

Doesn't look like it at first glance. You can list files by Date modified to see what they actually changed. Looks like they're fiddling with smoke trail which is good sign.

What's speed smoke and speed fire?

Hi Taz,

Good call, I didn't think to check that. Not sure tbh, I just quoted straight out of the release notes, no context or any further detail unfortunately.

Capture.JPG.b051c858ec3ffe90f107f30f2152b2b7.JPG

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Could well be referring to those. Not really had a chance to jump on yet as some minor issues. Will check later. Thanks for getting back Taz :thumbup:

Hi,

Being new, I'm using DCS 2.5.6.49798.... only in SP mode, so far.

Can I use your smoke mod safely as is with my DCS version in SP mode only ?

Thanks for your great work,

Toan

I'm pretty sure yes. Not sure what you mean by safely. Either backup the original files or use mod managers to install and uninstall.

Edited by Taz1004

Hi,

Being new, I'm using DCS 2.5.6.49798.... only in SP mode, so far.

Can I use your smoke mod safely as is with my DCS version in SP mode only ?

Thanks for your great work,

Toan

Like Taz says. Get a mod manager AND Skatezilla's excellent launcher, and if anything "bad happens", just repair DCS. It's very easy!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure yes. Not sure what you mean by safely. Either backup the original files or use mod managers to install and uninstall.

My question was motivated by your stated move towards a SP version of the mod.

Nevertheless, I'll follow your advice.

Great work.

Thanks for your help !

Toan

So, are there any changes in the actual update that prevents v5 from working properly?

As the latest patch notes states, effects are improved so is this mod now step back in some ways?

No. Most effect changes in the update looks to be on WW2 modules.

Nice video but that's with this Smoke mod? The chopper dust at 58:08 doesn't look like this mod is working.

It would be yes, do you recognize the smoke pillar? I am pretty sure I have it installed at the time of the stream :)

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker