Deployment Campaign Issue after Patch to Stable

aleader

I loaded up mission 2 and got this (see thumbnail pic):

I read in the patch notes that there was an 'AI parking bug' fixed or something. I had installed MadDog's patch for this campaign from the user files section and noticed that the latest DCS build overwrote those files. Is this a bug again or do I need to reinstall something?

622821954_Ka50Clusterfck.thumb.jpg.e0b23f8bf635e8c85f1c1c2aa281a3da.jpg

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Run MadDog's campaign as separate campaign with different name or do what I do, package it for mod manager and reinstall after each DCS update. It's more convenient with mod manager because I have to reinstall mods after update anyway.

By the way, I noticed that wingman on top of me issue with couple of MadDog's patch too. Just go in the mission planner before you start and move your position slightly.

Edited by Taz1004

I loaded up mission 2 and got this (see thumbnail pic):

I read in the patch notes that there was an 'AI parking bug' fixed or something.

I had installed MadDog's patch for this campaign from the user files section and noticed that the latest DCS build overwrote those files.

Is this a bug again or do I need to reinstall something?

The same "AI parking bug" that was in the original DCS Games version of "Ka-50 Deployment campaign" was fixed by ED, but unfortunately the same bug creeped into my updates when done with DCS 2.5.6 of the same "Ka-50 Deployment campaign" on the USER file site (Which is quite different from that in DCS at the moment)

I have since corrected the parking bug on all of those missions and re-uploaded to the USER site, so just re-download and install MOD again.

FYI, with every DCS update, it will overwrite these types of MODS and you will be required to reload the MODS again.

I will submit my changes to ED, but can't promise they will implement them into game.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The same "AI parking bug" that was in the original DCS Games version of "Ka-50 Deployment campaign" was fixed by ED, but unfortunately the same bug creeped into my updates when done with DCS 2.5.6 of the same "Ka-50 Deployment campaign" on the USER file site (Which is quite different from that in DCS at the moment)

I have since corrected the parking bug on all of those missions and re-uploaded to the USER site, so just re-download and install MOD again.

FYI, with every DCS update, it will overwrite these types of MODS and you will be required to reload the MODS again.

I will submit my changes to ED, but can't promise they will implement them into game.

Regards, Ian.

Ok, thanks for the effort there. I will look into using a mod manager. So, is there any way that works to instead install it into my User\Saved Games\DCS folder, which doesn't get overwritten every time DCS updates correct? I recall that doing that with your fixed Georgia campaign didn't work...it just showed me all of the individual files in-game when I tried to start it from the User Campaign section.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Run MadDog's campaign as separate campaign with different name or do what I do, package it for mod manager and reinstall after each DCS update. It's more convenient with mod manager because I have to reinstall mods after update anyway.

By the way, I noticed that wingman on top of me issue with couple of MadDog's patch too. Just go in the mission planner before you start and move your position slightly.

Thanks, but I don't know what you're talking about when you say 'package it for mod manager'. Which mod manager? Does the mod manager do this for you?

Thanks, but I don't know what you're talking about when you say 'package it for mod manager'. Which mod manager? Does the mod manager do this for you?

I use OvGME but most mod managers work similar way. The directory structure inside each mod has to mirror the directory structure of the game itself.

So for example, I keep all mods inside main DCS installation directory.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods_OvGME\

In there, I keep MadDog's campaign files in a separate directory like this

\MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\

Then it'll be recognized by OvGME as "MadDog's_Deployment". Whenever you enable the mod from OvGME, the mod will overwrite the default files. And when you disable the mod, default files will be restored.

MadDog already keeps his patch in correct directory structure so I just had to unzip and put them in Mods_OvGME folder. But some mods don't do this and just upload the files in which case you have to put them in correct directory structure.

Edited by Taz1004

Ok, thanks for the effort there. I will look into using a mod manager.

So, is there any way that works to instead install it into my User\Saved Games\DCS folder, which doesn't get overwritten every time DCS updates correct?

Yes, manually take all of the Deployment??.miz and Deployment??.cmp and Deployment??.png files from the downloaded ZIP file and place them in the

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS World\Missions\Campaigns\En"

directory

or

With the newer DCS World you can even now make a subdirectory to put each Campaign in: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS World\Missions\Campaigns\En\Ka-50 Deployment"

Old example of how to do it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142444

I recall that doing that with your fixed Georgia campaign didn't work...it just showed me all of the individual files in-game when I tried to start it from the User Campaign section.

Not sure what your doing wrong, but don't copy the directory structure from the download ZIP file: "\Mods\Aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns", you must take all of the files from the "campaigns" folder and place in either of the above examples of a "Saved games" directory location as show above.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I use OvGME but most mod managers work similar way. The directory structure inside each mod has to mirror the directory structure of the game itself.

So for example, I keep all mods inside main DCS installation directory.

In there, I keep MadDog's campaign files in a separate directory like this

Then it'll be recognized by OvGME as "MadDog's_Deployment". Whenever you enable the mod from OvGME, the mod will overwrite the default files. And when you disable the mod, default files will be restored.

MadDog already keeps his patch in correct directory structure so I just had to unzip and put them in Mods_OvGME folder. But some mods don't do this and just upload the files in which case you have to put them in correct directory structure.

Always seems so easy when you put it like that ;) I d/l OvGME and installed it. Following your file structure above exactly, I set the 'Configuration root folder' to 'C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World'.

I then am not sure if I just enter 'Mods_OvGME' in the 'Configuration mods folder' or the entire path again with 'Mods_OvGME' added as a subdirectory? In any event, I tried both and I get an error that the structure isn't valid.

Yes, manually take all of the Deployment??.miz and Deployment??.cmp and Deployment??.png files from the downloaded ZIP file and place them in the

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS World\Missions\Campaigns\En"

directory

or

With the newer DCS World you can even now make a subdirectory to put each Campaign in: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS World\Missions\Campaigns\En\Ka-50 Deployment"

Old example of how to do it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142444

Not sure what your doing wrong, but don't copy the directory structure from the download ZIP file: "\Mods\Aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns", you must take all of the files from the "campaigns" folder and place in either of the above examples of a "Saved games" directory location as show above.

Regards, Ian.

Yah, I wasn't copying the entire structure into the Saved Games folder, probably why it didn't work. When you say 'Newer' DCS do you just mean the latest stable patched version?

I really wish they had a Steam Workshop or something like it. It took me a while to figure out a few other mods too as they didn't keep the directory structure (i.e. all the cockpit mods I've tried) and I have to manually build it each time in the Saved Games directory.

Does that 'newer' way of putting mods into the saved games folder apply to all mods or just campaigns? Also, do I need to delete the original Deployment campaign from the main game directory if I put your modded one in the Saved Games directory so it doesn't show up twice again in the campaign list in-game? I suppose the Saved Games directory is looked at first and the main game directory is ignored?

EDIT: I took all of the .miz files for Deployment and Georgian War and dropped them into the 'Saved Games\Missions\Campaigns\En' directory and I see both campaigns properly now in My Campaigns in-game.

Edited by aleader

Always seems so easy when you put it like that ;) I d/l OvGME and installed it. Following your file structure above exactly, I set the 'Configuration root folder' to 'C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World'.

I then am not sure if I just enter 'Mods_OvGME' in the 'Configuration mods folder' or the entire path again with 'Mods_OvGME' added as a subdirectory? In any event, I tried both and I get an error that the structure isn't valid.

You should create new folder inside the DCS root folder. In your example, create folder called

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World\Mods_OvGME\

Then put MadDog's campaign inside that folder with the directory structure intact. So something like

\MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\Then all the campaign files

Make sure you're not doubling the path like \MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\

In OvGME config Cofiguration root folder should be

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World

Configuration mods folder should be

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World\Mods_OvGME

How mod managers works is quite simple. It overwrites anything with same path in the main install directory. So \MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\ will overwrite the default \DCS World\Mods\

Only the modified files are overwritten of course.

You can also use Saved Games structure like MadDog suggests. Saved Games folder is acting similar to Mod manager. Except some mods doesn't work in there so have to use Mod manager anyway

Edited by Taz1004

You should create new folder inside the DCS root folder. In your example, create folder called

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World\Mods_OvGME\

Then put MadDog's campaign inside that folder with the directory structure intact. So something like

\MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\Then all the campaign files

Make sure you're not doubling the path like \MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\

In OvGME config Cofiguration root folder should be

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World

Configuration mods folder should be

C:\Program Files\ED\DCS World\Mods_OvGME

How mod managers works is quite simple. It overwrites anything with same path in the main install directory. So \MadDog's_Deployment\Mods\ will overwrite the default \DCS World\Mods\

Only the modified files are overwritten of course.

You can also use Saved Games structure like MadDog suggests. Saved Games folder is acting similar to Mod manager. Except some mods doesn't work in there so have to use Mod manager anyway

Ok, I see now, I have to create the folder first as OvGME won't do it for me. Thanks for the detailed post, I'll give it a try again.

Ok, I see now, I have to create the folder first as OvGME won't do it for me. Thanks for the detailed post, I'll give it a try again.

One thing to keep in mind. I gave you my example to keep it simple but in my case, whenever you do "repair" or "cleanup" of DCS, it will detect the Mods_OvGME as foreign and will ask you if you want to keep them or not. You just have to tell it to keep.

DCS Update wont give you this message. Only when you do repair or cleanup.

If you don't want that message, you can put Mods_OvGME somewhere else and just put that path in Configuration mods folder in OvGME.

One thing to keep in mind. I gave you my example to keep it simple but in my case, whenever you do "repair" or "cleanup" of DCS, it will detect the Mods_OvGME as foreign and will ask you if you want to keep them or not. You just have to tell it to keep.

DCS Update wont give you this message. Only when you do repair or cleanup.

If you don't want that message, you can put Mods_OvGME somewhere else and just put that path in Configuration mods folder in OvGME.

Will do, thanks.

MadDog, I just completed the first mission and can confirm that the issue with the AI wingman on top of me is fixed in mission 2.

By the way, is that your English voice MadDog?

1) Most likely.

2) When I referred to new DCS it meant v2.0 or greater, DCS v1.2x and v1.5x had the limitation of all campaign files needing to be in the one directory.

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

Sorry to tell you, but ED seemingly doesn't give a shit about old content. The Ka-50 was released over 10 years ago and it never got updated since.

Remember the big 2.5 update with the (marginal) update to Caucasus?

It broke the very first mission in the "Deployment" campaign. The Mi-24 you're supposed to follow regularly gets stuck on terrain, because the waypoints weren't updated. Same for a later mission where you rely on Mi-24s to do an attack run which just doesn't work.

Nobody tested this and the unofficial campaign patch was never implemented.

If you can't sell it, don't work on it. ED at its finest!