Anyone HP Reverb in Germany

Jyge

I am mildly interested in the headset but the stuttering release is not really a confidence builder. It does not seem to be officially released in Germany, there are couple of offers, but since it seems to have sone technical issues I wonder whether it is going to be bothersome in case of a guarantee?

Is it better to wait some more, is there any heads-up concerning the eventual release?

I have a pending order at HP Germany (they opened the orders shortly aver a month ago). The last update said that current orders are postponed until mid August.

Which sounds to me that they are taking the issues serious and are trying to fix them before releasing the next batches.

Since I am ordering directly from HP Germany, I am not really concerned about potential issues in case of any warranty claims.

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

Hi,

also ordered my reverb directly from HP. The first delivery date was the 26.6 and then pushed back to the 1.7. After contacting the HP support I got this message:

Aus unserem Logistikzentrum habe ich die Rückmeldung erhalten, dass es bei dem Artikel HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset zu Lieferengpässen gekommen ist.

Leider muss ich Ihnen mitteilen, dass sich da voraussichtliche Lieferdatum Ihrer Bestellung XXXXXXXXXXX auf 29.08.2019 verzögert.

After checking the HP order status the delivery date was changed from the 1.7 to the 26.8

Greetings

Merlin :huh:

Ok, this indicates that they haven't got their stuff together yet. May I ask how much it was? I did not push the order buttons and it did not show it on first Reverb page...

I think I will also wait for the official German release before bothering. Not really a confidence builder. It's also crap that those dates do not appear on HP.

Is it officially out in US - I have the impression that it is a roll of dice there as well. You can order one, but no clear idea when you will get it. I'd rather a broader spectrum of user feedback before getting one. At the moment I think only hardcore VR folks got one and they don't mind debugging and circumventing the issues as the big gray dumb mass.

It was 690,58€ for me (from HP Germany). I already had an opportunity to test one from someone else though. Resolution is superb, tacking, usability and controllers are crap though (all are probably more a general WMR issue). Still a headset I am looking forward to use with DCS.

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

Hi,

I didn´t order the pro version so 499 for me and I got the shipping notification yesterday so it should arrive today.

Greetings

Same here! Received mine yesterday (13.08.). Also the non-pro version. So far it's quite impressive. Had the chance to test it for about 2-3h. Non of the mentioned problems thus far. Hopefully it's fixed now :)

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

I can't find any "order" button on German HP site and nothing at all about the non-Pro version...

In the first anouncement from HP it was said that there will be no non pro Version in germany. I have the feeling that this was done by mistake... I meen even the price was way below other countries.

AND I´am also impressed by the picture clarity. I mean... I´am now able to read the F14 Test rotary thing. With my old rift this was impossible. The only thing that confused me a little bit was that even at 90 fps I had the feeling the picture was stuttering when moving the head in the horizontal direction. Only after turning on the"New Advanced Reprojection" mode. The framerate dropped to 45 but the tracking and game looks way smoother.

Greetings