Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

i had received the following error but on the previous version. still trying to work out what it is.

[ATTACH]117695[/ATTACH]

Hmm thats odd. Did you edit the script or copy paste the script into a DO SCRIPT in the mission editor?

If you take a look at one of the test missions, make sure your script is setup like that using a Do Script file.

If you edit the file, use something like sublime or notepad++ as notepad and wordpad can screw it up.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello,

Sorry for my question from a beginner in lua but can we make the dropped troops follow way points like we do within the gui. From the ctts explanation, it seems it isn t possible

I am building a mission whey the hueys would drop troops about 500 feets from a house , the they shoukd walk up to the house, penetrate in it (so i would hide them or make them disappear) then they would come out and walk to a pick up point .

I am not sure i can do it with this fantastic script

Thank you in advance for your help

All the best

I'm actually a beginner to mission scripting, but this sounds like it would be possible using normal triggers rather than this script. Hopefully someone much better than me can give you some pointers!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I'm actually a beginner to mission scripting, but this sounds like it would be possible using normal triggers rather than this script. Hopefully someone much better than me can give you some pointers!

You CANNOT, give any order through the ME to a u it that has been loaded unloaded. This script is based on the original CTTS, so as far as I know, the ID of the unit changes. This units once unloaded cannot activate any trigger as group or unit, but it can as infantry unit, or as blue side.

If i am wrong, please just tell me! I wish I am wrong!!!

using Notepad ++ and Cut and Paste. this is what it looks like. i had looked inside your file. you have a spawninzone, but not a dropoffzones example. sorry, not much of a coder, but trying

after changing to your most recent code,

this is what im using cut and paste,

ctld.dropOffZones = {
   { "dropzone1", "red" }

and now i get this error

1327892061_CTLD2error.png.3a01c38c0469aa8ba80633a9063f0985.png

i know its me, like i said, im not a coder but learning slowly

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a spare hour so it's now fully tested and merged with the master branch.

I've reorganised the file a bit to make finding the right parts to edit easier as well as moving the external mission editor functions higher up.

The Readme has been updated on GitHub and the script now supports all the features of https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-JTACAutoLaze . The JTAC can be pre-added to the mission or dropped by a Helicopter.

Latest Version here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Let me know if you find any issues!

That is awesome!, I liked the AutoLaze JTAC script and now it's one in the same. Great work sir and thank you!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

using Notepad ++ and Cut and Paste. this is what it looks like. i had looked inside your file. you have a spawninzone, but not a dropoffzones example. sorry, not much of a coder, but trying

after changing to your most recent code,

this is what im using cut and paste,

ctld.dropOffZones = {
   { "dropzone1", "red" }

and now i get this error

[ATTACH]117698[/ATTACH]

i know its me, like i said, im not a coder but learning slowly

Ah right, don't cut and paste, you need the whole CTLD lua file. Make changes to the original whole file and then add to the mission using the do script file action in triggers. The Readme shows one way to set it up.

The snippets of code in the readme are just there to help you find the correct part to edit in the CTLD file.

The test-mission has a drop off in zone using APCs that load and then upload troops automatically if you want an example.

No worries, takes a while to get the hang of :)

You CANNOT, give any order through the ME to a u it that has been loaded unloaded. This script is based on the original CTTS, so as far as I know, the ID of the unit changes. This units once unloaded cannot activate any trigger as group or unit, but it can as infantry unit, or as blue side.

I'll have a play around. The unit Id and group ID do change but the group name shouldn't.

I can make it so they both stay the same relatively easily if you want?

Uploaded a new version to github so a group will keep the unit Id's, unit names, group names and group Id no matter how many times they are extracted or picked up.

There is a new test for this in the sample mission. If you pickup the group in the screenshot attached and drop them in the zone just to the west, it'll trigger a continuous action that was added by the mission editor. You can keep picking them up and dropping them off to trigger the action.

I've also added an AI C-130 for testing automatic vehicle drops.

Let me know if you have any problems!

2071583393_Launcher2015-05-1716-15-20-40.thumb.jpg.af212a202d23b60d4ce2e5d9fdc27c74.jpg

EsOMG !!!

The lack of trigger activation by picked-dropped units because ID not beeing keeped have drived me crazy in every mission i have edited.

So now is possible to assign a unit name like extract1, pick it on a helicargo1 then dropped it at a landing zone and this inserted extract1 unit could fire a trigger activated by extract1 previously edited on ME?

This is awesome. Thanks a lot mate !!!.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

OMG !!!

The lack of trigger activation by picked-dropped units because ID not beeing keeped have drive me crazy in every mission i have edited.

So now is possible to assign a unit name like extract1, pick it on a helicargo1 then dropped it at a landing zone and this inserted extract1 unit could fire a trigger activated by extract1 previously edited on ME?

This is awesome. Thanks a lot mate !!!.

Yup exactly that :D

Have a try with the test mission and let me know if there are any issues

Did you know if your latest CTLD version is compatible with the latest Mist 3.7?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Did you know of your latest CTLD version is compatible with the latest Mist 3.7?

Yup works fine :)

Sling Load Cargo and Trigger Zones

Hello.. thank you for the CTLD script. Awesome Job! It's making a huge difference already in how we make our maps and it really gives the Helo's a reason to use the sling loads!

After digging through the script to see how things worked.. I was inspired..

I've managed to create 2 functions based off of 2 functions that were present in the CTLD script, that when used in combination with a couple ME triggers & zones ... we can get the sling loads to know they are in a trigger zone.. and react accordingly.

For example.. we want to activate a group of artillery units after the 4 sling loads have been dropped off in a zone. Something that used to work, but has been broke for a long time..

There is probably a more graceful way of doing this. But my skills/time are limited. I submit to you all for review/comments/someone takes the ball and runs with it.

Things I've noted and would like to change.. but I'm dumb and can't figure it out :)

• It does not care if cargo is damaged
  • It does not care if the cargo is on the ground or in the air still.. if it's in the zone.. bam.. it counts.
  • It does not care about coalition. Red cargo could flip a blue trigger.

Here is the mission I've been using this in. You can extract the lua file from it or use the code snippet below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41059597/S77TH_Ticket%20to%20the%20Dam-CTLD.miz

Here it is..

-- Load after CTLD
-- You will need several triggers to get this to work. 
-- A Trigger with - Multiple Actions - for every zone you want to monitor. Pass 3 values. Zone Name. Number of Crates to bring to zone. User Flag to set to 1)
--CONTINOUSE ACTION --> TIME MORE 30 --> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-1", 4, 567)
---------------------------------------> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-2", 6, 568)

-- Another Trigger for each flag that gets flipped.. 
--ONCE --> FLAG 567 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx
--ONCE --> FLAG 568 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx

function ctld.checkZone4Crates(_ZoneName,_cratesWanted,_userFlag)

--trigger.action.outText(_ZoneName .. " " .. _cratesWanted .. " " .. _userFlag, 1)

local _crateCount = 0 --How many crates have we found in the zone.
local _ZonePos = mist.utils.zoneToVec3(_ZoneName)
local _crates = ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

for _, _crate in pairs(_crates) do

if _crate.dist < 1000 then

_crateCount = _crateCount + 1

end
   end
-- If we found enough crates set the user flag from the ME to 1
if _crateCount >= _cratesWanted then
	trigger.action.setUserFlag(_userFlag, 1)
end

end

function ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

local _crates = {}

function merge(t1, t2)
   for k, v in pairs(t2) do
       if (type(v) == "table") and (type(t1[k] or false) == "table") then
           merge(t1[k], t2[k])
       else
           t1[k] = v
       end
   end
   return t1
end

local _allCrates = merge(ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE, ctld.spawnedCratesRED)

--local _allCrates = ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE

for _crateName, _details in pairs(_allCrates) do

--get crate
       local _crate = StaticObject.getByName(_crateName)

--in air seems buggy with crates so if in air is true, get the height above ground and the speed magnitude
       if _crate ~= nil and _crate:getLife() > 0
               and (_crate:inAir() == false or (land.getHeight(_crate:getPoint()) < 200 and mist.vec.mag(_crate:getVelocity()) < 1.0  )) then

local _dist = ctld.getDistance(_crate:getPoint(), _ZonePos)

local _crateDetails = { crateUnit = _crate, dist = _dist, details = _details }

table.insert(_crates, _crateDetails) 
       end
   end

return _crates
end

Hello.. thank you for the CTLD script. Awesome Job! It's making a huge difference already in how we make our maps and it really gives the Helo's a reason to use the sling loads!

After digging through the script to see how things worked.. I was inspired..

I've managed to create 2 functions based off of 2 functions that were present in the CTLD script, that when used in combination with a couple ME triggers & zones ... we can get the sling loads to know they are in a trigger zone.. and react accordingly.

For example.. we want to activate a group of artillery units after the 4 sling loads have been dropped off in a zone. Something that used to work, but has been broke for a long time..

There is probably a more graceful way of doing this. But my skills/time are limited. I submit to you all for review/comments/someone takes the ball and runs with it.

Things I've noted and would like to change.. but I'm dumb and can't figure it out :)

• It does not care if cargo is damaged
  • It does not care if the cargo is on the ground or in the air still.. if it's in the zone.. bam.. it counts.
  • It does not care about coalition. Red cargo could flip a blue trigger.

Here is the mission I've been using this in. You can extract the lua file from it or use the code snippet below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41059597/S77TH_Ticket%20to%20the%20Dam-CTLD.miz

Here it is..

-- Load after CTLD
-- You will need several triggers to get this to work. 
-- A Trigger with - Multiple Actions - for every zone you want to monitor. Pass 3 values. Zone Name. Number of Crates to bring to zone. User Flag to set to 1)
--CONTINOUSE ACTION --> TIME MORE 30 --> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-1", 4, 567)
---------------------------------------> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-2", 6, 568)

-- Another Trigger for each flag that gets flipped.. 
--ONCE --> FLAG 567 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx
--ONCE --> FLAG 568 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx

function ctld.checkZone4Crates(_ZoneName,_cratesWanted,_userFlag)

--trigger.action.outText(_ZoneName .. " " .. _cratesWanted .. " " .. _userFlag, 1)

local _crateCount = 0 --How many crates have we found in the zone.
local _ZonePos = mist.utils.zoneToVec3(_ZoneName)
local _crates = ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

for _, _crate in pairs(_crates) do

if _crate.dist < 1000 then

_crateCount = _crateCount + 1

end
   end
-- If we found enough crates set the user flag from the ME to 1
if _crateCount >= _cratesWanted then
	trigger.action.setUserFlag(_userFlag, 1)
end

end

function ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

local _crates = {}

function merge(t1, t2)
   for k, v in pairs(t2) do
       if (type(v) == "table") and (type(t1[k] or false) == "table") then
           merge(t1[k], t2[k])
       else
           t1[k] = v
       end
   end
   return t1
end

local _allCrates = merge(ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE, ctld.spawnedCratesRED)

--local _allCrates = ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE

for _crateName, _details in pairs(_allCrates) do

--get crate
       local _crate = StaticObject.getByName(_crateName)

--in air seems buggy with crates so if in air is true, get the height above ground and the speed magnitude
       if _crate ~= nil and _crate:getLife() > 0
               and (_crate:inAir() == false or (land.getHeight(_crate:getPoint()) < 200 and mist.vec.mag(_crate:getVelocity()) < 1.0  )) then

local _dist = ctld.getDistance(_crate:getPoint(), _ZonePos)

local _crateDetails = { crateUnit = _crate, dist = _dist, details = _details }

table.insert(_crates, _crateDetails) 
       end
   end

return _crates
end

Nice Work!

You code gave me an idea, you can now set a cratesRequired parameter on a unit so that it requires more than one crate to build.

Latest version is on github with an updated readme showing how to use the option.

Thanks for the great feedback :)

can we update a current mission with your recent code without braking the mission??

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can we update a current mission with your recent code without braking the mission??

Yup should be completely fine.

Just make sure you copy any options you changed over to the new version.

As usual, the latest patch broke things. Ever since the patch we are seeing crashes with the following errors:

01673.183 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2437)

01674.610 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2438)

01674.610 INFO SCRIPTING: CTLD null event

01676.115 INFO DCS: try to write dump information

01676.251 INFO EDCORE: Minidump created.

01676.251 INFO DCS: try to write track file

The crashes seem to happen when a player rapidly switches between units. This may or may not be the cause but CTLD null event seems to precede every crash on maps with the script. We are using the latest CTLD and Mist LUA files. Any guidance on this would be appreciated. Prior to the patch we had a great time with multiplayer missions that used sling-load mechanics to defend bases and even deploy JTAC units.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As usual, the latest patch broke things. Ever since the patch we are seeing crashes with the following errors:

01673.183 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2437)

01674.610 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2438)

The crashes seem to happen when a player rapidly switches between units. This may or may not be the cause but CTLD null event seems to precede every crash on maps with the script. We are using the latest CTLD and Mist LUA files. Any guidance on this would be appreciated. Prior to the patch we had a great time with multiplayer missions that used sling-load mechanics to defend bases and even deploy JTAC units.

Thanks for the bug report jeffdude. Thats a real shame!

I'll put a version on the test branch in a bit without the event handler as its not actually required, its just more efficient. All its for is removing the transported units from the heli when it dies.

Do you have any other scripts running?

I've made a branch on GitHub and removed the event handler and replaced it with a status check every 3 seconds checking for a dead transport unit.

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/tree/eventBugFix

I've only done a quick test and had no crashes but let me know how you get on. It it fixes the issue for you I'll move the changes to the main branch.

Anyone else having the issue, feel free to download and test :thumbup:

I've made a branch on GitHub and removed the event handler and replaced it with a status check every 3 seconds checking for a dead transport unit.

I've only done a quick test and had no crashes but let me know how you get on. It it fixes the issue for you I'll move the changes to the main branch.

Wow! I can't believe how fast you investigated the issue. I'll start using it in the missions right away and get back to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup: Early tests show promise with some S77th missions. I'll continue testing today and see if we can't get a server full testing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]