SUGGESTION | Roll Trim sensitivity

Strikeeagle345

Great info Bignewy! When can I expect the complimentary DCS F-16 Trim panel to arrive in the post so I can use that to trim precisely? I presume it bolts nicely to the back of a Warthog Throttle? :thumbup:

I joke... but hopefully you see my point.

I'm all for pursuing realism but there has to be concessions made for the hardware we all have, Sure the real trim on the stick might be super sensitive but the pilot can just reach down to the trim rollers without looking at them and get it absolutely perfect. 99% of the people flying the DCS sim don't have that ability. Yes we can look down to the trim wheel and roll it with the mouse but is just as tricky as trying to do it with the stick, as you have to look away from where you're actually flying, and can't do it by 'feel'.

We have auto-rudder and takeoff assist for warbirds, we also have the Maverick Realistic Slew option in the F-18, so how about a Special Options tickbox for the F-16 which says "Precise Roll Trim" which ads a slow speed trim period initially so small dabs of stick trim do small changes and it allows people to actually trim the thing out. People who want absolute realism can keep it off.

Just my 2 cents.

I posted the same in another thread somewhere.

If we have curves and basically complete fine tuning of our axes, why cannot this exist for other critical flight or avionics functions?

I just don't understand these double standards.. these things should have been in DCS from the start. You should simply have an option for the specific command where you can define what kind of amplitude you want it to have.

Instead we have thousands of threads where people get told they "don't know how to trim". Please, like there is anything to know here. Your aircraft is rolling in one direction, you trim the other way one notch and now you're rolling to the opposite direction.. fantastic.

I like the suggestion to use the trim wheel over the trim hat, because that is what the "book" suggest. Yet the trim wheel is more sensitive than the trim hat in DCS, which results in over trimmed. Referring to roll, not pitch to counter asymmetrical configuration.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP