Engine Fire

I am trying to get an engine fire going and I thought the easy way to do so would be to set a fault in the mission editor but that is not an option... :huh:

Anyone know of another way to get an engine fire going without getting shot at?

:book:

If you're in to LUA, you might be able to spawn a small detonation near your plane.

Experiment with the position of the explosion, you might find an offset to your plane where you get an engine fire.

By that you can simulate the event of another plane shooting at you in such that you're getting an engine fire.

• 3 years later...
I am trying to get an engine fire going and I thought the easy way to do so would be to set a fault in the mission editor but that is not an option... :huh:

Anyone know of another way to get an engine fire going without getting shot at?

:book:

What do you mean by "engine fire"

Fire from exhaust stacks or fire of the fuel system leak in engine compartment, or oil fire in engine compartment ?

Engine fire is not any type of module fault. Often engine alone is not flammable at all.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

like this?

And what this is supposed to be in fault list option.Everything is fine with it.

Fire from exhaust pipes, after over priming, we had this feature in spitfire but it is gone right now as far as i know.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No I am talking about an in flight engine fire. (Caused by a fuel leak or oil leak)

There are emergency procedures for aircraft that have an engine fire after takeoff or during flight. I would like to trigger this action for both training purposes and video making.

(Separate from my request)

I do recall the P-51 had small visible flames coming from the exhaust during normal engine running but I think we lost that at some point. Although this is not what I am requesting, I would like to see this return as well.

In the past I have been shot during a dog fight and had oil leak all over my canopy. This would be an ideal occasion that could possibly turn into an in flight engine fire.

Additionally, if I trigger an oil leak in the Open Beta mission editor I do not get visible oil on the aircraft or canopy. Instead the oil pressure just drops to zero and the engine locks up shortly after... ED, can we also get visible oil when the oil leak action is triggered?

Thanks.

5PFzkaO.png

No I am talking about an in flight engine fire. (Caused by a fuel leak or oil leak)

There are emergency procedures for aircraft that have an engine fire after takeoff or during flight. I would like to trigger this action for both training purposes and video making.

I have seen emergency procedures in case of engine lost in take off or flight i haven't seen any in case of engine fire so far.

I think that jumping out of plane as soon as possible is the best solution.

I think at this point when ED is slowly merging NDM in to game lots of stuff went missing, Lets wait for full DM release then we can start from here. Right now almost everything will be changed.

• 6 months later...
And what this is supposed to be in fault list option.Everything is fine with it.

Fire from exhaust pipes, after over priming, we had this feature in spitfire but it is gone right now as far as i know.

Actually I just noticed we now get a huge bonfire if you over prime Spitfire. Biggest I've ever seen. Little to nothing without over priming. So that's nice.

A year about's I had no exhaust flames but others insisted it was there.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))