Normandy Coastline in 2.2

Tinkickef

There appears to be quite a few changes made in 2.2 that ED have not actually told about.

Found one today while buzzing around Normandy in the Huey, namely the coastline.

Looks absolutely fantastic in VR, crystal clear water with a sandy / rocky and weed strew seabed, leading to the shallows, parts of which are rocky and drop away steeply underwater, then the shoreline itself, partly rocky and gravelly, and partly sandy all leading to sand / shingle beaches. The new water effect is fantastic too. I noticed the rocky parts last update, but the sand is new to this update.

Performance is markedly improved as well.

Its easy to complain about the negative stuff like the F10 crash, but I feel that I had better balance that with some positive stuff. 2.2 is a breath of fresh air, stunning changes and I think it probably the most realistic scenery bar none.

Give the people involved a pat on the back.....

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Would be nice....

Yeah, water is so much better now...the only thing remaining imho is that beaches need much more waves breaking (more white foam) even if there are very few white caps but other than that its a massive improvement!

..but how powerful of a machine would I have to invest in to be able to run all that eye candy?:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT