Forecast CC variant and steam module.

Rain, followed by sunny intervals then bright sunshine.

Do you really expect an answer to this question? Where have you been for the past 4 years? No developer will ever stick their necks out and give a release date until every tee is crossed and every i dotted.

The usual reply from forum members is "soon" or "two weeks". Both of those phrases can be translated literally into "no idea mate, ask again in x weeks/months" where x is an unknown integer between 1 and 12.

• Like 1

Do you really expect an answer to this question? Where have you been for the past 4 years? No developer will ever stick their necks out and give a release date until every tee is crossed and every i dotted.

The usual reply from forum members is "soon" or "two weeks". Both of those phrases can be translated literally into "no idea mate, ask again in x weeks/months" where x is an unknown integer between 1 and 12.

Uhmm... While I get what you're trying to get across... There is a big difference between a forecast and a release date. I don't believe that the devs should inflate any expectations with an exact date. But there must be some sort of plan and deadlines to follow? Remeber this is not an upcoming project, it has been released and sold for over 2 years with major features incomplete. This has been brought up time after time, and while we have seen some fine progress over the last couple of months, there should be a much clearer plan on when we can expect to actually get the full use out of this module. I am not saying that Aviodev should rush this thing, releasing something bad. But a clear set of goals, estimated timeframe (good planning) and a steady communication at this point is vital and I do still have some hope to be able to fly the EFM and CC variant in 2017.

Just forget this module. It's a failure from the begining.
in no particular order ... reworked external model, reworked cockpit, added rear cockpit, added comms, implemented navigation aids, added an IFR hood, added a real smoke system, many new liveries, added pilot model, added helmet visors, added custom cockpit sounds, fixed many bugs, obviously significant progress on the CC version, etc.

but ya, total failure eh.

Do you really expect an answer to this question? Where have you been for the past 4 years?

Dude, cut the guy some slack.

"Joined: Feb 2017, Posts: 5"

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

obviously significant progress on the CC version, etc.

Obviously.... based on what?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

in no particular order ... reworked external model, reworked cockpit, added rear cockpit, added comms, implemented navigation aids, added an IFR hood, added a real smoke system, many new liveries, added pilot model, added helmet visors, added custom cockpit sounds, fixed many bugs, obviously significant progress on the CC version, etc.

but ya, total failure eh.

You forgot the cockpit lighting to :)

past videos

Those I know are more than a year old. Are there any newer that indicate "significant progress" since then?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Those I know are more than a year old. Are there any newer that indicate "significant progress" since then?

Why so much animosity towards this title? ... I actually like it and fly it with some regularity ... the system's modelling is quite well done and I like to practice IFR with it.

While I probably wont recommend it as a "must purchase" aircraft, I dont regret buying it ... and even tough its development has been really slow, I'd rather give Aviojet some more time to finish it ... rather than badmouthing them into quitting.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That's not badmouthing, but I'm not gonna call "signifant progress on the CC" either, when the last update about it was more than a year ago. It's just we don't really know what kind of progress is being made, so statements on the CC like those made by kontiuka are just wishful thinking.

That's not badmouthing, but I'm not gonna call "signifant progress on the CC" either, when the last update about it was more than a year ago. It's just we don't really know what kind of progress is being made, so statements on the CC like those made by kontiuka are just wishful thinking.
ok. while technically not an "update", this
released in January clearly shows the use of bombs, rockets, and sidewinders (perhaps anti-ship missiles as well although you can't tell if it is AI or not). It also shows some back seat functionality. To me, at least, it looks like a lot of work has been poured into this module.

ok. while technically not an "update", this
released in January ...

Thanks, I hadnt seen that video ... I hope the developers keep working on this aircraft; if they do, then they will be able to sell the DLC on Steam, hopefully gathering more sales and thus resurces to keep going and develop the Mirage F-1 :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Looks like development, but remember some of this is caused by the DCSW platform changes and updates too, for example texturing changes caused by new lighting effects in the platform around 1.55 which broke a lot of old models.

So, whilst some ASM updates have been made, the refactoring of textures, lighting seems to be only in keeping pace with the development of the engine. Thus some concern on development speed, with the changes in the platform on the horizon, can the already slow development go faster to meet the engine changes from ED and not detract from genuine progress?

Else we meet a perpetual "In development".

In two months I'll have owned this module for two years. Is that really a satisfactory early access time period? Not to me and not when I can see what other groups can do in the same time period.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

The second the C-101 gets an EFM I'll be all over it, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

The visual and systems modeling are easily up to DCS standards, but that damn SFM is a deal breaker for me.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Looks like development, but remember some of this is caused by the DCSW platform changes and updates too, for example texturing changes caused by new lighting effects in the platform around 1.55 which broke a lot of old models.

So, whilst some ASM updates have been made, the refactoring of textures, lighting seems to be only in keeping pace with the development of the engine. Thus some concern on development speed, with the changes in the platform on the horizon, can the already slow development go faster to meet the engine changes from ED and not detract from genuine progress?

Hello Pikey. That's not he case. The 3D model was completely redone, as well as textures, and that had nothing to do with new DCS graphics engine. Changing textures to meet new DCS graphical requirements doesn't take so much work, making again the whole 3D model including textures was a really huge work. The model was made again from zero.

Else we meet a perpetual "In development".

In two months I'll have owned this module for two years. Is that really a satisfactory early access time period? Not to me and not when I can see what other groups can do in the same time period.

We like to make things right and with high quality. We have explained before that we are a small Team, so development takes longer than for other modules. We really apologize for this.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png