DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice. What methods are you using to recreate the emblems? This is an area I still struggle in. And one other quick Photoshop question. I know how to move individual layers by a single pixel, but is there a way to move a bunch of layers in a group a single pixel? The Transform / Scale / Triangle / Pixel option is blanked out, which is how I do it for individual layers.

A little more progress on this one:

Q7jXILE.jpg

Edited by Flogger23m

For helmet, use:

{"pilot_L39_helmet", 0 ,"pilot_L39_helmet",false};

For tanks, you need to name the material "L39_Drop_Tanks" instead of "Fuel_Tanks_L39"

However, this seems to be working only for diffuse. If you try to add specular or normal maps via description, it'll not work at all. I'm going to investigate this futher and then submit a bug report.

Is there a way to get the English markings (found on Black Diamond Jet Team)?.

If there are no English labels in the paintkit, you need to create them from scratch or somehow make use of those used on Diamond textures.

For helmet, use:

{"pilot_L39_helmet", 0 ,"pilot_L39_helmet",false};

For tanks, you need to name the material "L39_Drop_Tanks" instead of "Fuel_Tanks_L39"

However, this seems to be working only for diffuse. If you try to add specular or normal maps via description, it'll not work at all. I'm going to investigate this futher and then submit a bug report.

If there are no English labels in the paintkit, you need to create them from scratch or somehow make use of those used on Diamond textures.

Ah, right thank you. Just another question. How do you find the names for the helmet and fuel tanks? So I don't need to keep asking for other materials/parts of the skins.