Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

$99 for the grip or the grip and its base? I have tmwh can the base fit its four screw holes without plate? In other words, do I need a fresh wooden attachment to the chair or will mcg base fit into warthog stick screw holes

6 cm x 6 cm square holes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the grip is just a grip with no base to it . if you will get the grip that will go along your Thrustmaster base then you dont need to worry about screw holes since you will use the same base , However in my case i got the gladiator pro base which has a different dimensions than the thrustmaster base i had to punch my own holes using a drill .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the grip is just a grip with no base to it . if you will get the grip that will go along your Thrustmaster base then you dont need to worry about screw holes since you will use the same base , However in my case i got the gladiator pro base which has a different dimensions than the thrustmaster base i had to punch my own holes using a drill .

Ah its clear now thanks simo1000rr. I think I'll get both a new base and the grip then.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

"Footprint" of Gunfighter PRO (extension) base with plate holes position, that can be used to attach base in "cockpit", and holes to attach plate to base - that too can be used for attach the base in "cockpits".

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/GunfighterPro.PDF

Of Gunfighter "desktop" base - no holes in plate.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/Gunfighter.PDF

For Gladiador PRO base (that "porcupine" base) - that will have versions with MCG grips.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/VKB-Sim_GlPro_MkII_drw.PDF

Edited by Sokol1_br

I’m not worried about software yet. How about when they are going to get the hardware to us

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I’m not worried about software yet. How about when they are going to get the hardware to us

:thumbup:

I am with you there.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

is is this software already available ? also can it work with Gladiator Pro Mk ii

VKBDevCFG is available in VKB VTP, last update is C_0_78_9_9 (12-Jan-2017).

You find help about DevCFG use in VKB forum, English section.

Sample of configuration, making a button act as "shift" for other buttons.

https://yadi.sk/i/tK1tJegmvAEQp

Edited by Sokol1_br

3 days out... what's the status I wonder.

I chatted with UIV from VKB HQ last night, and so far things are still on track for the Dec 15 charge date for all pre-orders. :thumbup:

Should anything change, I'll be sure to let everyone know as I learn more.

EDIT: I learned more - there will be a staggered release based on product type. More soon.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I find it a little disturbing how we are getting some "official" information, ie regarding software.

Seems like there should be official announcements with details, but maybe that is just me.

Everything just seems to be so complex on some of this stuff.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The new software (VKBdevCfg), firmware, and profiles to enable/support the MCG/MCG PRO functionality is currently being tested. Once ready, the VKB FTP site and my webshop will be updated accordingly.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ah ok, based on Sokol's post I thought it already was available.

Thanks,

Don B

What's required is an adapter to fit this grip to the X55 and X56 base - then they will get a lot of customers! Including myself :)

I might buy the grip anyway, if the European price is anything close to the US one, and then do my own connections running through the Airrow base.

I tried to buy decent bases for sticks that will take this kind of grip (and the Virpil one) but it was impossible to find (at ebay UK anyway) and the ones that were on sale looked either very dodgy (no electronics seen) or were silly prices.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

What's required is an adapter to fit this grip to the X55 and X56 base - then they will get a lot of customers! Including myself :)...

Why? The worst thing about the X55 is the base. Sure the stick is a little tall but it's reasonable and all my buttons work fine. Why would you want to put another grip on it and have half the buttons (and analog hat/brake) not work? I'm about to throw away this garbage or donate it to a friend with nothing better.

For a laugh I downloaded that joystick tester software and tried to draw a circle. Wow, you'd think it was a 6 year old moving the stick. And forget about moving in a straight line if not moving through dead center. The hall sensor in the base is great but whats the point if the gimbal is garbage and suffers from sticktion (with special grease too).

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

I find it a little disturbing how we are getting some "official" information, ie regarding software.

Seems like there should be official announcements with details, but maybe that is just me.

Everything just seems to be so complex on some of this stuff.

But this software DevCFG is not new, is available since Mambas days.

I use in ~2016 for set "virtual" buttons for brake for my uniaxial T-Rudder, before T-Link "virtual differential brakes" (VKB call "toes brakes) software became available.

What is relatively new is the English version of software manual (link above).

The thing is: to be on par with VKB support is need use their forum:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/

VKB DevCFG is capable like softwares of other brands, but do the same things in different way, e.g. don't need programs running in games background, and thus require a bit of dedication to learn how to use. :joystick:

h ok, based on Sokol's post I thought it already was available.

As I said above VKB DevCFG is available and the actual version meet existent products (Gladiator/Gunfighter/T-Rudder) needs, but this software is in constant update, the new MCG grips and new type of HAT's (with axis) in MCG grip require specific support, then new version is under development.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Why? The worst thing about the X55 is the base. Sure the stick is a little tall but it's reasonable and all my buttons work fine. Why would you want to put another grip on it and have half the buttons (and analog hat/brake) not work? I'm about to throw away this garbage or donate it to a friend with nothing better.

For a laugh I downloaded that joystick tester software and tried to draw a circle. Wow, you'd think it was a 6 year old moving the stick. And forget about moving in a straight line if not moving through dead center. The hall sensor in the base is great but whats the point if the gimbal is garbage and suffers from sticktion (with special grease too).

Because my X56 gives best helicopter control in DCS I've ever had - and I've had the X52, G940, Warthog, CH Fighterstick, VKB Gladiator and Sidewinder Precision Pro (which was suprisingly good in the Ka-50).

And why would it not work on this base? It's just a base.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everybody else doesn't - the X55 and X56 are very popular.

Also, I happen to be allergic to the kind of plastic used on the grip, so exchanging it for one with a layout I like would be a great solution. Especially given the lack of decent but affordable sticks these days.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Because my X56 gives best helicopter control in DCS I've ever had - and I've had the X52, G940, Warthog, CH Fighterstick, VKB Gladiator and Sidewinder Precision Pro (which was suprisingly good in the Ka-50).

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everybody else doesn't - the X55 and X56 are very popular.

Also, I happen to be allergic to the kind of plastic used on the grip, so exchanging it for one with a layout I like would be a great solution. Especially given the lack of decent but affordable sticks these days.

I love the X55 layout... just hate the lack of quality.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Even MORE variants now? Jeez. I'm a big fan of VKB, but... damn guys.

:doh:

It is certainly getting more and more complex... course my mind is pretty feeble these days.

I took a look this morning at my MCG Pro Pre-Order, to see if I could still cancel, and the cancel option is no longer there so I guess they are on track for shipments soon. Guess I will let it ride.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I am just trying to avoid hesitation to get something else as EU pre-sale has not yet announced (or is it?).

*ghaa...*

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Look in that way:

For control buttons/HAT sticks around use:

Windows OS (diode matrix) - CH, some Saitek's and "entry level "stick.*

Androide OS (Shift Register) - Thrustmaster, Virpil, BRD KG-13B

Apple OS - VKB (secret chip). ** :D

* Parts for DIY upgrade this grips for "Androide" exist.

** The latest VKB news show that are certain VKB MCG grips not compatible with certain VKB bases, e.g. MCG PRO grip for Gladiator PRO base is not usable in Gunfighter base.

Was not informed if firmware upgrade will be available for grips, allowing e.g. a owner of Gladiator PRO buy a MCG PRO now and latter buy Gunfighter base and use the same grip.

So use VKB grips "BnP" in other brands base is impossible.

Could be said that for DIY nothing is "impossible", but to hook an MCG PRO grip on X-55 base will be need do a lot of work, redo their internals - including physically and will lost MCG exclusive functions like analog brake axis, analog HAT (in fact will need replace that HAT with by switch type), analog trigger (need find space and way to install switches there), because the sensors used there is VKB proprietary types and not compatible with other brands connections/firmware.

Better give up of that idea. :joystick: ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

I had an X-55. The build quality is crap so life is limited, but the throttle ergonomics are great (better than the TMWH) and stick is decent (with the lighter strings, actually better than the TMWH). But, flying helos 99% of the time, I can tell you this:

(1) while the stock TMWH stick is terrible for helo flying due to stiffness/sticktion, with a 20 cm extension it is a universe better than the X-55 could ever hope to be. No question, no competition.

(2) the VKB base + extension is ten universes better than even that. No question, no competition.