Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter

discwalker

Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter

• Yes, it must show the state
    • No

Sorry i mean on the right side.

And i´m posting those pics because is a SU-33 russian book, and the author said those are Su-33 Pics.

If they are not its fine.

The only thing is the firs cockpit pic, right side, has the buddy refueling indicator.

And the second pic, right side, is a different SPO-15 place.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Sorry i mean on the right side.

Understood :)

And i´m posting those pics because is a SU-33 russian book, and the author said those are Su-33 Pics.

If they are not its fine.

All the photos on the left side of the pages are, but the ones to right are not.

The only thing is the firs cockpit pic, right side, has the buddy refueling indicator.

Yes but the rest of the instrumentation is all Su-27.

I remembered seeing a photo of an Su-27UB in test markings refuelling an Su-33 at one point, so I searched for it again and found it at Zvezda's website(attached)......so the cockpit in question might actually be from that very aircraft :)

And the second pic, right side, is a different SPO-15 place.

Yes but there is not enough room for it on, what I call the "console bi-panel" in the Su-33 cockpit - partly because it is occupied by all sorts of other equipment and partly because it is narrower than on the Su-27. On the Su-33 the consoles are not sloping inwards like on the su-27, but are straight, which in turn means that the "bi-panel" has to be narrower(see attached images).

JJ

• 1 month later...

Bump. Please reintroduce the airbrake lamp on the mechanical devices indicator :-)

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

I can't believe anyone thinks not having an indicator is an improvement; and I strongly doubt that the 33 is so structurally different to the 27 that the wires connecting the lamp to the airbrake no longer fit.

My guess is some overworked ground crew unplugged the airbrake lamp connector during maintenance and forgot to plug it back in. And so instead of admitting their mistake it's now a 'feature' of the Su-33.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks to ED to support the opinion of the majority. Yellow airbrake light is back in open beta 1.5.8.12162.404 :-)

Same is true for 2.2.x now. Thanks ED! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com