DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

What engine RPM should you generally stay at when you're cruising in any fighter (F-15, Su-27, M2000, etc)?

Do you guys stay at mil power at all times?

For the Su-27: Darkfire: Su-27 Cruise

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 weeks later...

That depends ... do you need very long subsonic loiter time, or, perhaps, crossing a very lengthy stretch of land/sea? 3 tanks will work here.

Everything else, 2 or less.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the Harrier RWR, but I'll ask it here because it's very general and there seems to be a lot of experts here :D

On the right side of the Harrier there are 4 lights: SAM, CW, AI, and AAA

SAM = ground radar

AI = Airborne Intercept (airborne radar)

AAA = AAA fire control radar

CW = Continuous Wave

Can someone plz explain in detail to me what CW (Continuous Wave) is?

Can someone plz explain in detail to me what CW (Continuous Wave) is?

Basically uses a steady frequency rather than pulses to find targets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous-wave_radar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

It's used by older SAMs, and can be an indication of guidance.

So it's not used by aircraft radars?

Edit: if it's not used by aircraft radars and only ground radars, what's the point of the CW light if you've got the SAM light? Is it just because it can be an indication of guidance? That's probably it, since the Harrier has no Missile Warning System for both IR and radar guided missiles. CW light may be a pilots only indication of a SAM launch.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by MRaza
Added info

It's also used by some older aircraft radars; F-15's, older versions of the F-15 radar, F-4's, probably almost any MiG/Su before 29/27.

The harrier should have launch warnings for radar guided missiles; the RWR is probably just incomplete.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Russian RWR's are terrible (maybe Russian pilots will disagree) and besides the lack of information they provide, I think they have larger blind spots. Their radars are also inferior to the F-15's except maybe when you have detailed GCI information fed to you.

The Russian aircraft are designed to be guided by other radars and to be used in a defensive situation, possibly with SAM backup. Ideally, you should have an EWR or A-50 in your mission to provide you with datalink info. If you don't have any support, try to fly lower than your expected targets so they can't hide from your radar in ground clutter.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 2 weeks later...

thank you :), so I guess I cant use it while I'm away for 2 weeks, the module will not be authorised, if I get that right.

which is a bit bad if I cant for something I have paid for and want to use while in the middle of no where with no net!

Edited by thrustvector

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious , why didn't any FC3 modul make for 3d clickable version ? When FC3 was segregated each modul could have had got an new clickable cockpit. There aren't any official russian modern jet modul what have clickable cockpit and fight opposing agains the F-5, F18, mirage, viggen, harrier, A10.

Yes I know that isn't easy to make, but there didn't have to start from zero because the main modul was ready and worked and due to the VR capability and new 3d outside model had to do remake . And there could have been do system by system added later new functions like at harrier beta or F-18 modul now .

So there isn't equal condition between a szu-27/33 player and mirage or f18 player because they don't have to pay attention lot of things like others, during the weapon system or any other usage.

This should be balancing the older FC3 modules and the new one

Yes I know that isn't easy to make, but there didn't have to start from zero because the main modul was ready and worked and due to the VR capability and new 3d outside model had to do remake . And there could have been do system by system added later new functions like at harrier beta or F-18 modul now .

So there isn't equal condition between a szu-27/33 player and mirage or f18 player because they don't have to pay attention lot of things like others, during the weapon system or any other usage.

This should be balancing the older FC3 modules and the new one

A clickable cockpit can enter into the ASM (Advance System Modelling), and can require a license from the specific aircraft with the constructor.