ILS Question - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
DerekSpeare

Reputation power: 5
DerekSpeare has a spectacular aura aboutDerekSpeare has a spectacular aura aboutDerekSpeare has a spectacular aura about
Default ILS Question

Hello:

I am trying to make ILS landings. My VOR is tuned properly, but I cannot get the glide slope bar to show on the ADI properly. It just stays in the middle and doesn't move like it should - or at least I think it should.

I have tried pressing GS or Extended GS on the flight director, but it doesn't look right to me. If anyone can help me set these instruments to show localizer and GS bars on the ADI like they should, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | FI-P3D v2.5/3 | FI-FSX
My Hangar: FC3 | Hawk | C101 | M2000 | Mi8 | UH1 | F86 | L39 | A10C | NTTR | F5E
DSD TS Server: derekspeare.typefrag.com | PW = dsdftw
Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE
DerekSpeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:35 AM   #2
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 17
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

^
I'm guessing that you're confusing your glide slope indicator with the flight director bars. The glide slope indicator is the small orange arrow on the far right of the ADI and the HSI and indicates if you are above or below glide slope. When it is centered, you are on glide slope. You don't need to have the flight director activated (i.e. can be on standby) for the glide slope indicator to work.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #3
DerekSpeare

Reputation power: 5
DerekSpeare has a spectacular aura aboutDerekSpeare has a spectacular aura aboutDerekSpeare has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
^
I'm guessing that you're confusing your glide slope indicator with the flight director bars. The glide slope indicator is the small orange arrow on the far right of the ADI and the HSI and indicates if you are above or below glide slope. When it is centered, you are on glide slope. You don't need to have the flight director activated (i.e. can be on standby) for the glide slope indicator to work.
Got it - thank you!
Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | FI-P3D v2.5/3 | FI-FSX
My Hangar: FC3 | Hawk | C101 | M2000 | Mi8 | UH1 | F86 | L39 | A10C | NTTR | F5E
DSD TS Server: derekspeare.typefrag.com | PW = dsdftw
Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE
DerekSpeare is offline   Reply With Quote