Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter

discwalker

Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Su-33 airbrake indicator - despite what in real life, your opinion is matter

• Yes, it must show the state
    • No

I believe that the real Su-33 has that indicator as it should, and I also saw a photo of a Su-33 cockpit simulator that has it as well. The reason why ED might not have included it in their version is because the respective build they are modeling might not have had that wired in - which might indicate that this was some sort of prototype.

So +1 on the inclusion of that airbrake indicator!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yeah, it should have the airspeed indicator regardless of type modeled as ED themselves have not been specific as to what type is modeled right now.
Only place I could find to ask this question, I have FC3 and 157 Beta installed, have updated to latest version but I don't see this a/c in FC3 or my installed modules. Have this update been release yet and if so how come I'm not seeing it in anything but ME? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Only place I could find to ask this question, I have FC3 and 157 Beta installed, have updated to latest version but I don't see this a/c in FC3 or my installed modules. Have this update been release yet and if so how come I'm not seeing it in anything but ME? Thanks TC

It does not show up as a separate aircraft. Your FC3 Su-33 flight model should be updated. Have you tried to fly it?

I'm not showing the SU-33 with-in FC3 only the SU-27, However I can select the SU-33 with-in the Mission Edition. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

The question is, do all the actual fleet Su-33's have the illuminated light or not? Whatever the answer to that question is, I'd prefer DCS to follow suit.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Only 16 su-33 users? :( .. it really seems that this bird is the ugly duck of FC3, pity.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Far for an ugly duck, whilst I hardly fly any DCS these days, I still have a great interest of all the russian aircraft, and hope in the future the game engine returns to its former glory of fault free and a be a sight to behold.

I wouldn't take silence as an indicator of interest, as I hardly ever comment on aircraft or good missions, but I certainly do stockpile them for playing later on.

To me common sense would dictate, why even put an indicator light on the dash for the speed brake, if you weren't going to implement it to show its state. So I am all for it lighting when the speed brake is extended.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
  • Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The Indicator must work...crazy to have deleted it. After last update I have huge new issues...Auto throttles nuts..nose wheel steering, the wheel locks dont hold on carrier, wings auto fold on engine start !!...but will post this in another thread...

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

If it doesn't work in real-life, it also shouldn't in DCS.

That's right, on the real Su-33 it also does not burn. But still I think it will be corrected for DCS
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Many things that do work...are downgraded or deleted in DCS...so thats not a valid argument...Its clearly there on the indicator panel...used to work, like the wheel , wings, flaps etc ...it sould be brought back

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

^^^ Well said. The navigation and weapon system in Su-33 simulator are an approximative representation of the real ones, but on airbrake indicator suddenly the developers felt the need to go for 100% accuracy.

Make Su-33 full DCS module and then ok, delete the airbrake indicator if that is how the real aircraft is.

From this source there are several pics of Su-33 Cockpit with SPO-15 RWR on it.

hA0pZjd.jpg

On the left side SPO-15 ( buddy refueling indicator )

ZzXovZV.jpg

On the left side another Su-33.

Qj6n7hl.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

From this source there are several pics of Su-33 Cockpit with SPO-15 RWR on it.

On the left side SPO-15 ( buddy refueling indicator )

What?

There are two different cockpits in the picture. The one to the left is an Su-33 cockpit - or Su-27K rather as it appears to be one of the 7 test aircraft with the "tanker panel"(its not the T10K-5 though since it has the standard Su-33 pressure altimeter), but the one to the right isn't - look at the lower part of the front instrumentation panel and the instrumentation(Pressure altimeter, VVI, fuel gauge and the entire RH console). Even the early pre-production test aircraft(T10K-3 to T10K-9) looked nothing like that.

My guess is that if the cockpit to the right has any relation to the Su-33, it would either be the very first prototype or, more likely, an Su-27(UB) used for testing some equipment - maybe the UPAZ.

The same goes for your second picture - the cockpit to the left is from an Su-27K/Su-33(tanker panel and other panels on the left console), while I have no idea what the one to the right is - it looks like some sort of experimental Su-27, but certainly not an Su-33.

JJ